Associate Research Analyst
Conducts complex and independent investigation of biographical and financial information on major donor prospects, trustees from current or prospective corporations and foundations to assess quality of potential donor and giving ability, based on assets. Helps design and execute predictive modeling and data segmentation projects to help identify or maximize potential of donors. Monitors economic trends through financial publications and services, SEC filings, corporate disclosures, and trade publications to quantify a donor prospect’s ability to give based on new and pre-existing sources of wealth, and to determine the gift ask amounts and timing of the approach. Prepares analytical reports that summarize and synthesize data and other critical information to be used in creating and cultivating fundraising strategies. Advise in creating fundraising strategy. Design comprehensive development strategies to identify potential donors and/or new alumni to direct ongoing fundraising efforts. Write donor prospect briefings for development team and engage in ongoing consultation with respect to potential donors. May present lectures at industry conferences.
Please upload as an attachment a writing sample that you have authored.
- Identify, investigate, analyze, organize and evaluate information yielded from a variety of sources (electronic and print) to determine a donor prospect's financial capacity, ability to give, philanthropic interests, and relationship to Yale University.
- Devise research strategies and methods including developing creative research methods to identify potential donors and/or new donor prospects. Identify the type of information to look for and determine what relevant donor information (biographical and financial, philanthropic interest, history of previous donations, prior Yale solicitation, etc.) is needed to craft fundraising and cultivation strategies.
- Identify new sources of wealth and track existing sources to strengthen donor relationships with Yale University.
- Analyze financial publications and corporate disclosures to deepen relationships with current donors and to identify new donor prospects to build a robust Yale University donor base.
- Write donor prospect briefings for development team and render ongoing advice.
- Investigate new donor prospects and constantly re-evaluate and monitor established donor sources in preparation for computing wealth assessments.
- Participate in planning long and short-term development strategies with the Director to solicit funds and meet department fundraising targets.
- Assess client needs, manage own schedule, monitor progress and re-prioritize as necessary; complete work on time with minimal supervision.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree with at least two years of related work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Ability to review, interpret, synthesize and analyze a large volume of confidential data in order to create financial and statistical analysis to convert into accessible materials.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Strong research, analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills with ability to initiate, generate new approaches and apply creative solutions to challenging information as a result.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team managing multiple priorities and deadlines in order to achieve desired outcomes on time with minimal supervision.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Strong computer proficiency and skills including a familiarity with databases and on-line research resources.
Weekend Hours Required?
Evening Hours Required?
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yale University is a tobacco-free campus