6 days left
- Full Time
The position develops analytic plans and conducts statistical analysis in support of research projects for multiple clinical and epidemiology studies of cardiovascular outcomes research. Investigates, analyzes and evaluates complex statistical and programming problems.
- Evaluates and analyzes data using accepted statistical and biostatistical techniques.
- Investigates, analyzes, and evaluates complex statistical and programming problems. Determines proper methodology, testing standards, and evaluation processes for research projects. Recommends and develops statistical approaches for use in analyses.
- Prepares analysis plans and writes detailed specifications for analysis files, consistency checks, tables, and figures; communicates with clients regarding statistical analysis issues.
- In collaboration with research investigators, contributes to the design of research studies, develops analytical plans, conducts statistical analysis and interpret the results.
- Ensures the integrity of databases used in analyses through development of essential data cleaning and checks, and data back-ups.
- Plans statistical programming activities and schedules to provide investigators with time frames for projects.
- Recommends and develops statistical approaches by testing and prototyping.
- Organizes and creates documents and tables related to datasets; communicates with data sources about data accuracy and data dictionary.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Master’s Degree in Biostatistics, Statistics or relevant field. Two years of experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Excellent analytical programming skills and modeling experience.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Proficiency in at least one statistical software such as SAS, STATA, R, or WinBUGS.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Careful and thorough as well as adaptable and innovative in conducting statistical analysis.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects to ensure their quality and on-time delivery.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Excellent communication skills and ability to work well in a team environment.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Experience with healthcare data, including the advanced statistical methods used in the evaluation of healthcare claims data. Experience with observational registry data.
Drug Screen: No
Health Screening: No
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: email@example.com.
Note: Yale University is a tobacco-free campus