Greets elderly subjects and their caregivers in a busy research unit. Assists researchers setting up and starting study visits. Assists subjects and their caregivers with the completion of questionnaires. Schedules study visits and other study procedures in coordination with research assistants. Resolves scheduling conflicts. Provide administrative support to researchers. Answers and screens telephone calls. Provides assistance to caller or refers to appropriate individual. Reviews outgoing material for completeness, attachments, dates and signatures. Composes general correspondence and written material. Gathers, compiles and records data. Maintains excel spreadsheets. Maintains filing systems. Sorts screens and distributes mail, deliveries and faxes. Orders and maintains inventory of supplies. Performs additional functions incidental to office activities.
- Serves as source of information to students, staff, faculty, and clients on policies, procedures, and office activities.
- Greets visitors. Answers and screens telephone calls. Assesses natures of business. Provides assistance or refers to appropriate individual. Schedules and coordinates meetings and appointments.
- Receives and schedules client referrals. Resolves scheduling conflicts. Formats, keyboards, edits and proofreads correspondence, grants, manuscripts, reports, and other material. Assembles attachments and corresponding material.
- Reviews outgoing material for completeness, attachments, dates, and signatures. Composes general correspondence and written material.
- Gathers, compiles and records data. Creates reports and summarizes findings. Assembles and compiles material for grant, contract, and budget preparation.
- Monitors expenditures and reconciles financial statements. Coordinates travel arrangements. Establishes and maintains filing systems. Sorts screens and distributes mail. Completes forms.
- Orders and maintains inventory of supplies. Photocopies material. Oversees and instructs support staff. Performs additional functions incidental to office activities.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Four years of related work experience, two of them in the same job family at the next lower level, and a high school level education; or two years of related work experience and an Associate's degree; or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to clearly communicate with individuals with cognitive impairment. Intermediate to advanced computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and web-based applications.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Ability to plan, organize and manage a large volume of varied work in a complex, fast-paced environment. Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work under pressure to meet deadlines. Ability to concentrate and perform with interruptions. Excellent time management skills. Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Ability to function effectively independently and as part of a team. Excellent customer service skills and a professional demeanor.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Proven excellent attendance and punctuality record. Ability to prepare for the clinical core meetings which includes transferring clinical core visit information from hard copy forms into the online database.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Ability to accompany patients to their brain scans (ie. MRI or PET Center) on the medical school campus.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Previous experience in an administrative support position.
Weekend Hours Required? Occasional]
Evening Hours Required? Occasional
Drug Screen: No
Health Screening: No
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: email@example.com.
Note: Yale University is a tobacco-free campus