Clinical Practice Manager
- Full Time
Directs the planning, organization and management of the financial, operational, and administrative activities of a clinical practice. Develops, implements, and monitors programs, systems, policies and procedures to ensure the highest quality of patient care and satisfaction through operational efficiency, best utilization and productivity of staff, and timely and accurate billing of services. Responsible for the development and implementation of marketing and communication programs to support the goals of the Clinical Practice.
This position is to cover YM clinical practices in Stamford and Greenwich.
- Reviews and determines staffing needs, job posting requirements, salary guidelines, and labor agreement interpretations for exempt and non-exempt staff in one or more functional department of the University.
- Manages the administrative support needs for exempt and nonexempt staff and provides recommendations, improvements, solutions and assistance as needed.
- Manages and monitors technology needs, conducts inventory, and system requirements for the assigned departments.
- Develops and prepares budgets, financial forecasts, and financial analyses and the actual vs. budgeted performance reports for the departments.
- Manages the use of facilities in one or more departments including office space, work stations, equipment, and office supplies.
- Manages administrative support for activities of one or more departments to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Manages and coordinates training sessions for assigned departments when new policies or practices are adopted.
- Ensures compliance with University and federal regulations as they apply to the assigned departments.
- Identifies, plans, and develops administrative policies for the assigned departments.
- Assists in reviewing and implements University and departmental policies as they pertain to the administrative functions of the assigned department.
- Assesses and makes recommendations regarding staff development and staffing levels.
- Monitors, develops, plans, and executes systematic research on user requirements through such mechanisms as surveys, interviews, focus groups and competitive analysis.
- Manages a staff of exempt and non-exempt employees.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in related field and 5 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Knowledge of clinical practice management, billing and collection practice, rules and regulations. Proven management and supervisory skills and abilities in a customer service environment.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Proficient with all Microsoft products, especially Excel.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Demonstrated ability to see the bigger picture, establish objectives relevant to departmental missions and maintain working organizational effectiveness.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Well-developed presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with departmental leadership, faculty and staff on practice issues.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Bachelor's Degree. 6 years of experience in Healthcare setting. Project management. Knowledge of EPIC; CPC.
Drug Screen: No
Health Screening: No
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: email@example.com.
Note: Yale University is a tobacco-free campus