Department Head for Department of Oral, Jaw and Facial Surgery
Director of the University Hospital Brno and Dean of the Faculty of Medicine of Masaryk University announces a selection procedure for the position a Department Head for:
Department of Oral, Jaw and Facial Surgery
The Department of Oral, Jaw and Facial Surgery is a medical, educational and research institution of the University Hospital Brno and the Medical Faculty. It provides specialized care in the full range of maxillofacial and dentoalveolar surgery. It focuses mainly on the traumatology of the facial skeleton, orofacial oncology, treatment of maxillary anomalies and inflammation of the jaw inflammation. It provides consulting services for the Brno University Hospital trauma center and participates in undergraduate and postgraduate teaching of dentists.
The candidate for the position of a Department Head must be a respected expert in the field of maxillofacial and dentoalveolar surgery, with experience of working in a given field and with expertise in pre-graduate and postgraduate education.
The Head of the department will be responsible for the management of the clinic, undergraduate medical education, doctoral studies, publishing and coordination of research conducted at the clinic. The Candidate for Department Head will present his/her idea of fulfilling the above during the selection process.
Requirements for a declared position:
- University education in general medicine or equivalent education acquired abroad
- Eligibility to pursue the profession of physician in the relevant field in accordance with Section 5 of Act No. 95/2004 Coll.
- Academic degree PhD or scientific rank of CSc.
- Habilitation within the meaning of Act No. 111/1998 Coll., on Higher Education, as amended, or a prerequisite for achieving it within three years
- Personal and professional requirements for managing the medical and academic team of the clinic
- Teaching experience and readiness to guarantee vocational subjects taught at the workplace
- Scientific and publishing activities in the given field
- Moral integrity
- Fulfillment of prerequisites according to Act No. 451/1991 Coll. (the Lustration Act); does not have to document persons born after 1 December 1971
- Work in an inspiring intellectual environment with an emphasis on multi-disciplinary cooperation
- Work in a top medical and educational workplace, involvement in teaching in a unique simulation center
- Professional growth and the possibility of continuous education
- Motivating financial remuneration
- Supplementary pension insurance and other benefits
Applications together with
- a structured CV
- an overview of scientific and publishing activities
- photocopies of qualification papers and diplomas
- a criminal record
- certificate according to Act No. 451/1991 Coll.
- recommendations by two professional guarantors
should be sent to the HR department of the Faculty of Medicine, through e-Application (see below). For more information contact Ing. Ivana Janáčková at 549 49 5730 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org