Special Scientist, Department of Biological Sciences
DEPARTMENT OF BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
SPECIAL SCIENTIST POSITION (Research)
Title: Special Scientist (Research)
No. of Position(s): One (1)
Category: 1 Year Contract (subject to renewal)
Location: University of Cyprus, Nicosia
The Department of Biological Sciences of the University of Cyprus (www.ucy.ac.cy) invites applications for one full time (1) Special Scientist with immediate start to work in the Laboratory of Epigenetics for the externally funded research program «Dissecting the regulatory network of protein arginine methylation using functional genomics» .
The successful applicant should have an Undergraduate or/and Master’s Degree in Genetics or Cell and Molecular Biology or other related areas. He/She should have an excellent academic record and be a highly motivated individual with good team working and organisational skills. Previous laboratory experience and knowledge of basic molecular and cellular biology techniques is also required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- He/She will be responsible for monitoring laboratory stocks, ordering supplies, the preparation of research protocols and reagents, and conducting scientific experiments.
- Additionally, he/she will be responsible for the upkeep and organization of the laboratory and will be expected to interact closely with other laboratory members.
EMPLOYEMENT TERMS The monthly gross salary for full time employment (140 hrs/month) is in the range of €1400-€1800. From this amount employer and employee contributions to the various Government Funds will be deducted. The salary can vary depending on experience and qualifications. The initial contract is for one (1) year with the possibility of renewal based on successful progress. 13th salary is not provided.
Interested candidates should submit the following:
- letter of interest for the position
- full cv (including address and contact number)
- copies of degrees and transcripts
- name and contact details of two university professors for recommendation letters.
Applications must be emailed to Dr. Antonis Kirmizis at email@example.com by 13:00 on May 25, 2020 in pdf format.
For more information, please contact the coordinator of the project Dr. Antonis Kirmizis tel.: +357-22892678 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org