Research Program Manager
This position is for managing the activities for the clinical research lab and coordinate clinical research studies. This individual will work with the principal investigators of the vascular medicine outcomes research program. Additionally, this individual will be responsible for assisting in hiring, training, supervising staff as well as postgraduates, undergraduate and students in the vascular outcomes research lab.
- Oversees the advancement and growth of the program. Gives direction and leadership supporting the philosophy, mission, strategy, and annual goals and objectives. Assumes primary accountability for disseminating and publishing all program information to create public awareness and support of the program.
- Works closely with leadership, internal and external colleagues, and community residents to further develop and implement strategic plans.
- Identifies, solicits, and cultivates community partnerships and collaborations to assist in the development and growth of the program. Develops the metrics to identify and measure the success of the program. Responsible for measurements of grant success and related evaluation.
- Assists in identifying and evaluating potential future funding sources, and contributes to the submission of grants and contracts supporting the program, including the annual submission and writing of all content areas and budgetary sections of grant applications. Develops and manages the program’s operating budget.
- Develops the administrative infrastructure of the program. Manages human resource and administrative functions of the program, including staffing and hiring, supervision, performance development, counseling and discipline, if warranted. Oversees and manages information systems, facilities, and space needs.
- Investigates, identifies, implements, and oversees the maintenance of systems to gather, track, and report information to support the initiatives of the program. Tracks all program activities and regularly informs leadership of progress on each initiative. Recommends structural or programmatic adjustments, changes or additions based on full knowledge of missions, goals, and objectives.
- Initiates, designs, and manages the compilation of program communications; identifying outreach potential, and promoting philanthropic and collaborative support of the program. Contributes to the development and assists in the management of content on the program’s website and monitors all changes and additions to the editorial content.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in a related field and four years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, analytical and advocacy skills.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Proficiency with MS Office.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Knowledge of medical terminology.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Familiarity with RedCap.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Familiarity with qualitative data analysis or eagerness to obtain additional training.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Master’s Degree in health-related scientific discipline and 2 years of experience.
Preferred Licenses or Certifications:
Society of Clinical Research Associates or Association of Clinical Research Professionals certification.
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yale University is a tobacco-free campus