Postdoctoral Fellow, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
6 days left
- Full Time
Organization Name Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology (KU) combines the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI), the Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research (KUSTAR) and the Petroleum Institute (PI) into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
Since the Postdoctoral, experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
The applicant will be responsible of providing electrical engineering research and development support to the team developing multiphase flow characterization/sensing technology. The responsibilities include:
- Modeling the electromagnetic wave interaction with multiphase hydrocarbon fluids; Measuring dielectric properties of various materials;
- Developing measurement models; constructing and optimizing experimental flow loops to assess the developed models
- designing, constructing, and validating RF coil arrays and antenna arrays
- designing and developing front-end hardware (Rx/Tx subsystems)
- performing 3D electromagnetic simulations and microwave circuit/system level simulation,
- carrying out electronic design schematic capture and printed circuit board (PCB) layout design, fabrication, assembly and testing
- performing simulations, conducting experiments, gathering/analyzing data, writing technical reports, and preparing as-built schematics,
- Preparing, sourcing and procuring bill of materials, following up on orders and request for quotations
- writing technical papers/articles
- PhD Degree in in electrical engineering with focus on applied electromagnetics, microwave/antenna engineering, or closely related field
- Three years of experience related to RF coil, antenna and microwave system/component design (preferably in nuclear magnetic resonance applications and/or flow measurement applications)
- Measurement and instrumentation experience in the RF and microwave frequency ranges
- Proven record of scientific publications in reputable journals and conferences
- In-depth knowledge of electronic devices and systems
- Programming experience using Matlab and LabVIEW
- Extensive EM numerical modeling experience using common packages such as CST Studio Suite
- Experience with common electronic schematic capture and layout design software (e.g., Altium Designer)
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
How To Apply
Please attach CV and research interest statement
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Apply for Postdoctoral Fellow, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly