Postdoctoral Fellow, Mechanical Engineering at Khalifa University
Organization Name Mechanical Engineering at Khalifa University
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology (KU) combines the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI), the Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research (KUSTAR) and the Petroleum Institute (PI) into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
Since the Postdoctoral, experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
To work on the development of a soft, multi-robot system able to perform locomotion and manipulation underwater, inspired by motile bacteria. In particular, the awarded candidate will contribute toward the following tasks:
- Development of Fluid-robot interaction models
- • Development of the multifunctional (propulsion and manipulation) soft robot
- • Design of the underwater robot main body
- • Publish high-quality journal and international conference papers based on the obtained research results
This project will be conducted in the Khalifa University robotics labs with international collaborations with other institutes. The position is available from July 1st, 2020 and extends to June 30th, 2023. Package includes a competitive salary, medical insurance and flight tickets.
- To support the supervision of graduate students.
- PhD Degree in Robotics or related subjects (Mechanical, electrical, mechatronics engineering)
- In-depth experience with mechatronics design, and mechanical analysis of soft robots for underwater applications. Excellent writing and communication skills, strong publication records.
How To Apply
Kindly attach CV and research interest statement.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).