Senior Project Manager
- The United Arab Emirates University is seeking an expert to lead the “District 4.0 Project” that will include different laboratories for the integration of 4th Industrial Revolution (4IR) technologies and management approaches into the Education and Applied Research Programs at UAEU. These laboratories will focus on robotics, artificial intelligence, industrial and digital manufacturing technologies of the 4IR.
- The “District 4.0 Manager” will report directly to the Associate Provost for Academic Affairs and coordinate with the Deans of Engineering and Information Technologies (IT)
- Matrix-type reporting to Associate Provost for Research and Associate Provost for Academic Affairs regarding utilization of “District 4.0” infrastructure for Research and Education Programs, respectively.
- The successful candidate will coordinate and manage the planning phase of “District 4.0 Project” laboratories and will be responsible for their readiness to launch, once construction of the new “District 4.0 Project” building will be completed.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for planning the needed resources, purchasing equipment, hiring the necessary manpower, and setting up a clear timeline, milestones, and deliverables.
- Furthermore, the successful candidate will have to market the project to important and potential stakeholders that will be willing to utilize any of these laboratories for education, training, research and development of the 4.0 Industrial Revolution technologies for real industrial applications.
- Work with senior leaders and site leadership to develop strategies, goals, objectives, resource planning and communication.
- Establish the requirements for district teams, support in the selection of the teams.
- Support the disrtict teams with:
- Developing detailed plans and schedules by site
- Tracking and reporting progress on Industry 4.0 projects to all stakeholders
- Celebrating key milestone achievements
- Train the team members on Industry 4.0 concepts, tools, benefits and implementation plans
- Keep senior leaders and site leadership current with developing technologies
- Ensure solution standardization
- Drive a culture of the discipline and accountability for accelerating our growth through the Industry 4.0, delivering on our commitments and aspirational goals with a high degree of passion and transparency
- At least 3-5 years of experience working in the management position in high-tech industry developing, implementing, or using the 4.0 Industrial Revolution technologies and management practices, or in related industry segments.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English with the ability to make necessary status reports. Bilingual (English/Arabic) is preferred.
- Highly effective Program/Project Management skillsets. Project leadership in an IT and engineering environment is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Industry 4.0/Smart factories. This includes IoT, Data Acquisition, Machine Learning, Big Data Analytics, and Automation.
- Working knowledge of Lean/6 Sigma/ and or similar continuous improvement and problem-solving methodologies.
- Effective leadership of cross-functional, matrix, and multi-location teams.
- Leading projects via effective Change Management tools and methodology.
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- The successful candidate must have the necessary educational background with a minimum of a Master in Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Industrial Engineering.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a Ph.D. degree in Engineering Management plus MBA.
- Leadership competencies
- Empowering employees and developing their capabilities
- Leading the change
- Core Competencies
- Effectively manage resources
- Focus on results
- Focus on customer service
- Communication and communication skills
- Specialized Competencies
- Knowledge of principles of budgeting
- Knowledge of performance assessment methods
- Knowledge of leadership principles and methods
- Decision-making skills
- Leadership and management skills
- Orientation, evaluation and supervision skills
- Motivation and incentives
- Skills of ability to solve problems and disputes
- Conversation and negotiation skill
- Knowledge of the work procedures of the sector and the university as a whole
Division Deputy VC for Academic Aff(Provost)
Department Provost's Office
Job Close Date 30-06-2020
Job Category Management
Salary 17500 to 27500 AED