- In collaboration with stakeholders, plans and leads the implementation of the redevelopment and expansion of the service, including production of operational plans and performance management/assessment of the service.
- Advises on the fiscal planning and management for career services, including all operations and staffing matters.
- Closely coordinates communication with deans, department chairs, and other faculty to ensure that the career services department is meeting the needs and desires of the academic colleges and departments, within the limitations imposed by the size of the staff and service budget.
- Serves as adviser and interfaces with representatives of industrial, governmental, and educational employers to assist in the most effective use of career services' efforts. Also supports the marketing of other university and departmental efforts.
- Constantly monitors, analyzes, and evaluates current scope of services offered through career services and plans, implements, and directs new programs under the supervision of the DVC Student Affairs and in coordination with other directors of student services and student activities.
- Coordinates and supervises staff work planning, performance evaluation, and professional development activities and training
- Develops a leadership role in relevant professional organizations and organisations providing broad opportunities for job development activities.
- Provides employability development and career advising expertise to students and alumni regarding the nature of employment, job readiness, the job-search process, interviewing, resume, and letter writing, and all other facets of career planning.
- Conducts workshops, seminars, and other presentations to student, faculty, employer, and alumni groups.
- Develops new contacts with external organizations for the purpose of expanding employment opportunities for students and alumni.
- Reviews and supervises the on-campus recruitment and interviewing processes as well as resume referral and job-listing services for current students as well as alumni
Master's degree in a discipline directly related to staffing, employment, career development and planning, or other human resources concern. Academic preparation in a student counseling discipline will be considered if supported by directly-related employer college relations, recruitment, or staffing experience
Service Leadership and Management
- Skilled in leadership, strategic direction, and operations and people management in support of service and institutional priorities
- The ability to recruit, equip and develop staff to ensure high professional standards
- The ability to monitor, evaluate and measure the impact of activities to ensure the value of the service
- Prioritize and adapt in a fast-changing environment, demonstrating initiative and dependability
- Strong understanding of the global and regional career development context; nationwide professional contacts in both the university and employment sectors
- Ability to anticipate and adapt to trends and predictions in the world of work to ensure relevance of service
- Ability to design and deliver institutionally aligned employability and careers education, information and guidance to provide appropriate levels of support for all students
- Strong service-oriented demeanor, exercising discretion where needed accompanied by commitment to high service standards; active in promoting the value and effectiveness of quality assured professional careers and employability support
- Connect with students of various socioeconomic and academic backgrounds
- Ability to use insights of students, graduates, and employers to inform the development of the service
- Ability to achieve active collaboration with academics, employers, alumni and professional organisations to enhance the provision of services
A minimum of 10 years of combined university career services and/or corporate recruitment management experience is preferred.
Division Associate Provost for Stdnt.Affairs
Department Assoc.Provot for Studen.Affai.Offi.
Job Close Date 10-07-2020
Job Category Staff
Salary 23000 to 44000 AED