Head of Information Systems Division
Department: Institute of Computer Science
Deadline: 7 Jun 2020
Start date: Negotiable
Do you want to make the world better?
Institute of Computer Science (Masaryk University) is an exceptional place where innovation, research, and operations combine in a unique way, contributing to education and extension of humankind’s knowledge. While providing critical IT services to the university and playing a key role in national research IT infrastructure, we run or cooperate on scientific research in ICT, health, life quality, environment, etc. We also provide our knowledge and expertise to various state institutions, improving everyday life for our citizens.
The Head of Information Systems Division is one of the critical roles in our organization. (S)he defines the overall strategy and architecture of Masaryk University central information systems, especially for personal and economic affairs, combining third party products with components developed on-site under own supervision. (S)he will join a team of 4 other division heads led by the institute’s director, following the vision “First-class partner for your IT needs”.
You're a (wo)man looking for an opportunity to make a difference and make the world better. You look at problems holistically and understand the complexity of environments with many stakeholders on different levels. You are ready to listen and able to take various views into account. You like leading a team to achieve the highest level of performance and support team members to learn and grow to fulfill their career goals. This highly visible role requires frequent communication with numerous parties including senior university management in order to help shape and deliver the product roadmap. It requires you to often switch between strategic and tactical initiatives to achieve important goals. You have a strong desire for continuous improvement and the ability to build a collaborative culture within the team. You enjoy finding and implementing solutions to real problems that require creative thinking and a deep understanding of the problem space. You challenge yourself and others to constantly come up with improvements.
About the job:
- central information systems architecture, management, and operation for Masaryk University
- strategy, leadership, and development of the 20+-member Information Systems Division
- ownership and drive of complex initiatives through the entire software stack - from customer-facing features, through processes and algorithms to the databases
- continuous process/technology improvement identification, design, and implementation
- proactive work with cooperating students - trainee programs, career plans, integration into teams
- representation of the Institute at the national and international levels (conferences, projects, coordination bodies)
You should have:
- appropriate experience in the area of information systems or related field (either technical or managerial)
- minimum 3+ years team leadership experience, at least 10 team members, ideally application development staff
- responsible, reliable and proactive personality with strong communication skills
- advanced knowledge of the English language (at least B2 level)
- familiarity with Enterprise Architecture and software development tools strongly preferred
- experience with students and young graduates (integration into your team, placement) is a plus
- a career that is hard to find – participation in making the world better
- creative and inspiring environment, friendly colleagues, open communication
- national and international collaboration opportunities
- regular contact with students – a young, dynamic environment
- work-life balance
- adequate negotiable financial compensation starting at 90 thousand CZK per month and opportunities for a basic salary raise based on activities, e.g. project involvements; the basic salary is complemented with premiums that increase the total yearly income
- employee benefits as six weeks of leave, meal vouchers and pension insurance contributions, etc.
Send your application by e-application below or to email@example.com.