Department Head for Department of Public Health
Dean of the Faculty of Medicine of Masaryk University announces a selection procedure for the position a Department Head for:
Department of Public Health
The task of the Department of Public Health is to teach hygiene and epidemiology of infectious diseases, preventive medicine, social medicine and public health. An essential part of teaching are also subjects related to human nutrition, and topics focused on health law.
The scientific and research focus of the institute is the study of factors influencing the health status of the population and the degree of health risk of the people with exposure to environmental pollutants and inappropriate lifestyle. The subject of the study is the occurrence of toxic substances in the environment, as well as risk assessment and development and testing of methods applicable to disease prevention, protection and health promotion.
The Department head will be responsible for the management of the department, undergraduate medical education, doctoral studies, publishing and coordination of research conducted at the department. The Candidate for Department Head will present his/her idea of fulfilling the above during the selection process.
Requirements for a declared position:
- University education in a field relevant to public health, or equivalent education obtained abroad
- Academic degree PhD or scientific rank of CSC
- Habilitation within the meaning of Act No. 111/1998 Coll., on Higher Education, as amended, or a prerequisite for achieving it within three years; This condition can be replaced by long-term academic work in an equivalent position abroad
- Significant publication history and active research
- Scientific reputation in the international field
- Personal and moral integrity
- Experience in performing a senior position
- Teaching experience and readiness to guarantee vocational subjects taught at the workplace
- Fulfilment of prerequisites according to Act No. 451/1991 Coll. (the Lustration Act); does not have to document persons born after 1 December 1971 and the candidates from abroad
- Work in an inspiring intellectual environment
- Work in modernly equipped laboratories of the MU campus
- Involvement in teaching in a unique simulation centre
- Professional growth and the possibility of continuous education
- Motivating financial remuneration and benefits
- The successful candidate could receive a start-up package for a research programme
Applications together with
- a structured CV
- an overview of scientific and publishing activities
- photocopies of qualification papers and diplomas
- a criminal record
- certificate according to Act No. 451/1991 Coll.
- recommendations by two professional guarantors
should be sent to the HR department of the Faculty of Medicine, through e-Application (see below). For more information contact Ing