Department Head for Department of Biophysics
Dean of the Faculty of Medicine of Masaryk University announces a selection procedure for the position a Department Head for:
Department of Biophysics
The Department of Biophysics is an educational and research department of the Medical Faculty, which mainly deals with teaching in medical physics, biophysics, instrumentation and informatics for all bachelor's and master's degrees at the Faculty of Medicine, teaching the basics of radiological physics and especially radiobiology for radiological assistance and radiological physics. There are also taught analogous subjects for the field of biomedical engineering FEI BUT and biophysics Faculty of Sciences of MU. Teaching is theoretical and practical and runs also in the English study program. The workplace equipment consists of a small laboratory for biologically oriented research and a computer room. Until recently, research has focused on the biological effects of ultrasound at the cellular level and is now primarily focused on clinical applications of thermography, where results reach international standards.
The Department head will be responsible for the management of the department, undergraduate medical education, doctoral studies, publishing and coordination of research conducted at the department. The Candidate for Department Head will present his/her idea of fulfilling the above during the selection process.
Requirements for a declared position:
- University education in medical or scientific field
- Academic degree PhD or scientific rank of CSC
- Habilitation within the meaning of Act No. 111/1998 Coll., on Higher Education, as amended, or a prerequisite for achieving it within three years; This condition can be replaced by long-term academic work in an equivalent position abroad
- The rank of professor is welcome or a prerequisite for achieving it soon
- Significant publication history and active research
- Scientific reputation in the international field
- Personal and moral integrity
- Experience in performing a senior position
- Teaching experience and readiness to guarantee vocational subjects taught at the workplace
- Fulfilment of prerequisites according to Act No. 451/1991 Coll. (the Lustration Act); does not have to document persons born after 1 December 1971 and the candidates from abroad
- Work in an inspiring intellectual environment
- Work in modernly equipped laboratories of the MU campus
- Involvement in teaching in a unique simulation centre
- Professional growth and the possibility of continuous education
- The successful candidate could receive a start-up package for a research programme
- Motivating financial remuneration and benefits
Applications together with
- a structured CV
- an overview of scientific and publishing activities
- photocopies of qualification papers and diplomas
- a criminal record
- certificate according to Act No. 451/1991 Coll.
- recommendations by two professional guarantors
should be sent to the HR department of the Faculty of Medicine, through e-Application (see below). For more information contact Ing. Ivana Janáčková at 549 49 5730 or e-mail email@example.com.