Special Scientist, Department of Computer Science
DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE
SPECIAL SCIENTIST POSITION
No. of Position(s): 1
Category: 1 Year Contract (subject to renewal)
Location: University of Cyprus, Nicosia
The research laboratory of Software Engineering and Internet Technologies (SEIT) of the Department of Computer Science, University of Cyprus, announces one full time position:
- Special Scientist (Research): 140 hours/month
The selected candidate will work as a researcher/software developer on 2 EU AAL (Ambient Assisted Living) projects (in areas such as IoT, Middleware platforms, Web/mobile development) and on other EU funded projects that the SEIT lab participates. In addition, the position requires from the candidate to be able to travel for meetings. The candidate will also participate in research tasks on the application of ICT technologies in those projects. Finally, the candidate is expected to take an active role in the preparation of proposals for further funding.
SEIT focuses its research activities on two important areas of Information Technology, namely Software Engineering and Internet Technologies. More information can be found in the SEIT Lab website: www.cs.ucy.ac.cy/seit.
The candidate is expected to be a highly-motivated individual with proven capability to work in a demanding multi-disciplinary research environment and eager to be actively engaged in the demanding activities of European projects, collaborating efficiently with the SEIT research team. Minimal requirements include,
- Degree in Computer Science.
- Knowledge and experience on any of the following: IoT, Middleware platforms, Web/mobile development.
- Very good knowledge of the English language. • MSc and/or PhD in computing will be considered as a plus. • Additional coding experience will be considered as a plus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will need to work on software development tasks (requirements analysis, architecture design, systems development) for the projects that the SEIT Lab is involved. Moderate Travelling is needed. Furthermore, the successful candidate will be strongly encouraged to pursue PhD. Studies (in case s/he does not possess the relevant degree) or post-doctoral ones (in case s/he is a PhD. Holder).
The position is on a contract basis of one year, subject to renewal (based on performance and availability of funding). The monthly employment cost is equal to € 1700-2500 depending on qualifications. Employee and employer contributions will be deducted from the above amount. The position does not include a 13th Salary bonus. Interested candidates should submit by the 8th of June the following items, in PDF format, via e-mail to: Prof. George A. Papadopoulos, email: email@example.com, CC: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter that specifies their employment availability date.
- A detailed curriculum vitae in Greek or in English (contact address and telephone number should be included).
- Copies of transcripts of BSc/MSc/PhD degree(s).
- The names and contact details of at least two University professors from whom references may be requested.