Communications Administrative Coordinator
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Job Profile Title
Job Description Summary
Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Administrative Coordinator will manage projects and processes for the Communications team. These projects and processes include, but are not limited to traffic management of all communications projects. The Coordinator will also serve as the lead for the WHEA help desk in managing the daily responsibilities of the alumni help desk which include documentation and summary reports for all incoming inquiries via phone and email. In addition to all administrative responsibilities, the Administrative Coordinator will serve as the Traffic Coordinator for the Communications team. This includes the coordination of all projects in the Wrike project management system and works directly with Senior Associate Directors of Creative Design, Content Marketing, & Digital Engagement to ensure deadlines are met for all projects in the queue. He/She is also responsible for management of all Communications projects and ensuring transparent communications of project status is provided across WHEA floor.
- Serve as the Traffic Coordinator for the Communications team. This includes the coordination of all projects in the Wrike project management system and works directly with Senior Associate Directors. Coordinator is responsible for management of all Communications projects and ensuring transparent communications of project status is provided.
- Provides administrative support to the Director of Communications, which includes scheduling meetings, managing calendar, purchase order ownership, budget oversight, expenses and general support for the Communications team as needed.
- Serve as the lead for the WHEA help desk in managing the daily responsibilities of the alumni help desk which include documentation and summary reports for all incoming inquiries via phone and email.
- Manage day-to-day alumni content on social platform and drive data collection for alumni re-engagement activity.
- Work collaboratively as a member of the Communications team and the larger Coordinator team across the External Affairs and assist with office-wide needs including front desk coverage for office and staffing occasional Wharton events
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor's degree preferred, with 5-7 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The ideal candidate's interests will align with the vision and mission of Wharton External Affairs. Working in a fast-paced, diverse and high-volume setting Communications team, the individual must be comfortable with multi-tasking, should be customer-service oriented, and adhering to deadlines. Strong interpersonal skills and organizational skills are desirable, as the position will regularly interact with External Affairs staff, alumni and leadership and a variety of positions throughout the University.
- The candidate should be familiar with Microsoft Office- including Word, Powerpoint, Excel and Outlook, Salesforce, as well as have experience with project management software platforms and tools.
- Cover letter
- Working Conditions: Office, Library, Computer Room
Physical Effort: Typically sitting at a desk or table, Intermittently sitting, standing, stooping, Occasional lifting 25 - 50 lbs.
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
$20.00 - $36.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.