Associate Director, Coordinator of Coaching and Fieldwork
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Job Profile Title
Associate Director C
Job Description Summary
The Graduate School of Education at the University of Pennsylvania seeks Associate Director, Coordinator of Coaching & Fieldwork to join the Urban Teaching Apprenticeship Program (UTAP). This individual will be a key member of the UTAP leadership team. Working with the UTAP Director, and Associate Director, Coordinator of Elem/ML program, this individual will be responsible for developing field partnerships and implementation of UTAP’s new school-based Instructional Coaching curriculum/model. The Coordinator of Coaching & Fieldwork will also be responsible for supervision and professional learning of coaches and mentors working with UTAP, as well as teaching a course and advising students. This pilot position with the potential for re-appointment, contingent on the result of the pilot and funding.
- Fieldwork & School Partner Development - Support the development of the field placement sites for student teachers in the Urban Teaching Apprenticeship Program (UTAP).
- Lead/Coordinate University-based coaching - Provide leadership and support for professional development and design work of the Instructional Coaches (secondary) and Coach Liaisons (elementary); this includes supporting the development of their roles, coaching approaches, tools, maintenance of records, and troubleshooting problematic issues with students.
- Lead/Coordinate Mentor Professional Learning- Develop, facilitate and evaluate professional learning opportunities for classroom mentors (teachers of record that host apprentices) that equip them with coaching skills/practices
- Support Research and Evaluation - Support the Exec Dir of Teacher Education in developing and managing a research agenda related to the programs’ goals, including data collection, assessing program data, and promoting research in conjunction with GSE faculty as it specifically relates to mentoring and partnership development
- Teach– Teach a course in UTAP or the equivalent and develop “studio days,” school-based learning experiences that mutually benefit pre-service teachers in UTAP program as well as in-service teacher in partner schools
- Advising– Advise a subset of MSEd teacher candidates in the UTAP program
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
Graduate School of Education
$50,684.00 - $91,232.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.