Clinical Trials Finance Manager
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Posted Job Title
Clinical Trials Finance Manager
Job Profile Title
Job Description Summary
The Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania is the oldest and one of the finest medical schools in the United States. Penn is rich in tradition and heritage and at the same time consistently at the forefront of new developments and innovations in medical education and research. Since its founding in 1765 the School has been a strong presence in the community and prides itself on educating the leaders of tomorrow in patient care, biomedical research, and medical education. http://www.med.upenn.edu/
Provide Financial and Administrative support for clinical trials managed and/or initiated by the Center for Cellular Immunotherapies from study development through study closure. These studies may include Industry Sponsored Trials, Investigator-Initiated Trials, and Penn-Sponsored Trials. Funding sources include industry, federal/non-federal grants, non-profit and philanthropy. This position will collaborate with all CCI groups to facilitate budget development form study initiation to study closure.
- Review study protocols and work with CCI stakeholders and required vendors to develop/compile comprehensive/accurate study budgets accounting for both sponsor and site-level costs. Negotiate with 3rd party sponsors/vendors as applicable.
- Facilitate/negotiate amendments to study budgets as changes in the protocol occur throughout the life of the study.
- Develop Prospective Reimbursement Analysis (PRA) Grid for Penn-Site studies and facilitate PRA Committee review/approval. Provide support for research billing number activities.
- Develop internal budgets and process through SOM systems in a timely manner.
- Track budget/contract progress, provide regular updates to key stakeholders, and disseminate final agreements once executed. Maintain copies of all budgets/agreements centrally within the CCI Business Office records.
- Serve as the primary liaison with other departmental Business Administrators and legal teams for assigned studies.
- Track subject activity and generate study invoices for applicable services. Work with other BAs, CCI and Other departments, to reconcile/manage study accounts/billing as appropriate.
- Serve as the primary liaison to key stakeholders on clinical trial budget/contract activities; provide updates on activities that may impact recruitment, resources, clinical development, etc.
- Create/maintain templates and tools for managing clinical trials finance activities. Create/maintain CCI standard fees/pricing library.
- Facilitate other billing activities with 3rd party sponsors/collaborators as appropriate
- Candidate must have prior clinical research experience, and familiarity with clinical trial processes and all aspects of study conduct. Prior experience preparing/negotiating study budgets and/or managing financial aspects of clinical trials is preferred but not required.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5-7 years of related experience; or combination of equivalent education/experience.
- The candidate must be a proactive problem-solver with the ability to critically evaluate and manage timelines and key deliverables independently. This includes coordination within a complex, matrixed environment.
The candidate must possess and have demonstrated the following skills:
- Ability to manage projects independently
- Strong problem-solving and organizational skills
- High attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and complete work within allocated time frames
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Position is contingent upon funding
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
Perelman School of Medicine
$59,703.00 - $113,435.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.