Clinical Research Coordinator
3 days left
- Full Time
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Posted Job Title
Clinical Research Coordinator A
Job Profile Title
Clinical Research Coordinator A
Job Description Summary
The Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania is the oldest and one of the finest medical schools in the United States. Penn is rich in tradition and heritage and at the same time consistently at the forefront of new developments and innovations in medical education and research. Since its founding in 1765 the School has been a strong presence in the community and prides itself on educating the leaders of tomorrow in patient care, biomedical research, and medical education. http://www.med.upenn.edu/
- Assist in the management and implementation of multiple IND/IDE clinical trials and observational research studies in Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery at Pennsylvania Hospital.
- Provide support for drug, device, and other studies by screening patients for eligibility, explaining details of research studies to patients and families and obtaining informed consent from patients, enrolling subjects, data collection and entry, and maintaining and ensuring accuracy of all study documentation.
- Communicate with patients in order to adhere to the study calendar outlined in the study protocol and ensure all study visits and procedures are completed according to protocol. Phone interviews and recruitment will be performed as necessary. Time in the operating room during surgeries may be required as per study protocols.
- Work closely with the Principal Investigator(s), study team, and sponsors to communicate trial progress, complete case report forms, and address queries in a timely fashion.
- Communicate with the trial sponsors and monitors to coordinate and prepare for meetings and site visits (site evaluations, initiations, monitoring, closure and audits.)
- Complete relevant training to perform the role, including in good clinical practices, electronic data capturing systems, biological specimen shipment and storage, electronic medical record systems, and research billing.
Bachelor's Degree with 1-3 years of related experience in research and clinical study methodologies or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
This position is contingent on funding.
Office, Library, Computer Room; Requires extensive safety
Typically sitting at a desk or table; Occasional lifting 25 lb. or less
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
Perelman School of Medicine
$36,401.00 - $65,521.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.