Executive Assistant, Alumni Association
The Executive Assistant to the Alumni Association should be a “UKH graduate”, and is responsible for providing primary administrative support to the Association Advisory Board members, as well as supporting Alumni Association events. Direct responsibilities include scheduling, organising, and coordinating meetings; handling confidential correspondence; and other significant support functions. Interacts with a wide range of staff, faculty, administration, students, alumni, and community leaders.
VACANCIES AVAILABLE: One
OFFICE: President’s Office
JOB FAMILY: Administration
TYPE OF CONTRACT: FTE 1.0
HOURS OF WORK: 40 Hours/Week (Normally 08:30 AM – 4:30 PM, Sunday – Thursday) Some evening/weekend work may be required
PLACE OF WORK: University of Kurdistan Hewlêr
REPORTING TO: President
APPOINTMENT DURATION: 3 Years (subject to renewal depending on needs, performance and mutual agreement)
PROBATION PERIOD: 6 Months
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Application is open until the position is filled
JD VERSION: 150120-1
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide confidential executive support to the Advisory Board Association, including assisting with or preparing formal written or electronic correspondence, answering phone calls, arranging and scheduling meetings, maintaining budget reports, and other general administrative needs.
- Prepare and assist in the preparation of reports and presentations for the Association Board members and ensure dissemination of applicable information. Follow up on action items to ensure follow-up meetings and activities are scheduled and executed.
- Coordinate and attend volunteer committee and Advisory Board meetings (upon request), including the preparation and circulation of meeting agendas and documentation, and the taking and distribution of meeting minutes, maintain and update written documents.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement special events, such as meetings, conferences, and social events.
- Collaborate and communicate successfully with other entities outside of the Association, develop and foster relationships with the community, stakeholders.
- Collect, analyze, and utilize data and feedback to identify opportunities to improve the relationship between the association and the other potential entities.
- Supervision of all Branding and Marketing campaigns and plans per Association's annual plan of meetings and activities.
- Tracking the Association's budget and ensures all marketing activities are cost-effective.
- Prepare monthly expenditure report of the advertisements, promotion events and all types of expenses involved in the Association's activities.
- Manage materials that are used for the marketing purpose such as leaflets, posters, and advertisements in social media sites and newspapers, etc.
- Alumni member details database management.
- Show a high degree of professionalism, deal directly with the public, students, faculty, staff, and officials (both within and outside the University) on behalf of the Association.
- Perform additional duties as required.
- Higher education degree is required.
- Fluency in English and Kurdish Languages is required, Arabic is preferred.
- Minimum three years of executive support experience, preferably in higher education.
- Demonstrated experience supporting an Executive Board or Board of Directors.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, as well as the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), email, and the internet.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal, with a strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience in the organization, coordination, and supervision of support staff.
- Candidates should demonstrate good judgment, maturity, personal integrity, and the ability to successfully collaborate with colleagues, alumni, and volunteers in a culturally diverse environment, as well as maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to deal with sensitive information with discretion and to maintain confidentiality at all times.
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested applicants are requested to email their Application Form, CV, and Personal Statement to firstname.lastname@example.org by indicating the Vacancy Title: Executive Assistant, Alumni Association and inserting the most recent passport size photo in the area provided on the application form.
- Only complete applications: Application Form (with the most recent photo), Personal Statement and CV will be considered.
- Size of the photo must be 45mm x 35mm with no less than 150 pixels for the quality.
- Any application that does not specify the vacancy applied for will not be considered.
- An Application Form is available at Current Vacancies on the University website (http://www.ukh.edu.krd).
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.