Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
The Research Assistant will make leaf-level gas exchange + fluorescence measurements as part of the NASA ECOSTRESS project. The measurements will simulate the diurnal response of plants to heat and evaporative stress. If COVID-19 restrictions are still in place, the measurements will be either made entirely alone in the UC Davis lab or at the home of the individual.
- Conduct laboratory and field measurements using a modified Walz GFS-3000 gas-exchange system (in the Frankenberg lab at Caltech).
- Conduct QA/QC processing of the data and then organize the data in a machine readable HDF5 format for distribution to the ECOSTRESS science team.
- Work closely with Troy Magney (UC Davis), Christian Frankenberg and Yi Yin (Caltech) to design and execute an appropriate experiment design.
- Bachelor's degree in Plant Science, Engineering, or related field.
- Must have experience with a leaf level gas exchange system and with data processing and organization.
- Working knowledge of database management and data processing in Python.
- Ability to work alone for extended periods of time with high attention to detail.
- Master's of Science in Plant Science, Engineering, or related field.
- Extensive experience with gas-exchange measurements.
- Curriculum Vitae