The Department of Admissions & Registration seeks an incumbent for the position of Registration Officer to support the Registrar and the Assistant Registrar with the duties of the Registrar’s Offices. Provides leadership and guidance in the development and delivery of the procedures and policies of the Registrar’s Office. Provides accurate and updated information to students, family and faculty about policies and procedures related to student academic record, personal conduct and discipline.
Seen as a knowledgeable Registration Officer who is sought out with confidence for advice and information by students and faculty.
- Help in creating the class schedule every semester in banner system based on information provided by the Registrar.
- Performs changes to student schedules based on approvals by academic supervisors.
- Changes to individual student schedules to align with University policy and do not negatively affect class schedules.
- Independently addresses individual student concerns about scheduling issues. Escalates issues to assistant Registrar when appropriate.
- Open new sections or change enrollment numbers or faculty assignment as needed and approved by the Assistant Registrar.
- Work closely with the assistant registrar in building the final exam schedule.
- Overlook the online Registration process and the Add/Drop requests coming from the colleges.
- Register first semester students in classes using banner and ensures the timely preparation of individual student schedules, under the direction of the Assistant Registrar.
- Perform all E services forms and Academic forms related to student records
- Addresses queries and requests of students and families about information and policies related to class changes, attendance, enrolment suspension and withdrawal, and tests and examinations.
- Updates student records electronically using Banner, and files all related paperwork based on above student activities.
UNIVERSITY POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Actively provides support in ensuring that students adhere to University policies and procedures about personal conduct, attendance, entering and leaving the Campus and enrolment suspension and withdrawal.
Ensures a smooth and efficient correspondence channel between the University and students about issues such as attendance appeals and attendance. This requires coaching students on the University’s policies and procedures, ensuring that all required documents and reports are produced and attached, and that the correct information is passed to the right person at the right time
- Produces reports and letters for students related to student attendance, academic record and discipline using the E-forms.
- Prepares statistics using Banner and Excel and produces reports for Colleges and Senior Administration.
- Performs general office duties within the department, including issuing ID. cards to students.
- Carries out reasonable duties in with RO team activities under direction of the Registrar.
- Assists with special projects and events on and off campus, as well as with student orientation and placement testing.
- Handles student complaints within the boundaries of well-defined University policies and procedures.
- Must possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and a minimum of two years relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with administration and customer services-related activities, preferably in a Registrar’s office.
- Familiarity with an educational environment & UAE culture preferred
- Bilingual (Arabic / English) essential
- Highly computer literate; familiar with database use in an academic environment
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries free of tax in the U.A.E., Cash housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.