Postdoctoral Fellow in Centre for Higher Education Research
Centre for Higher Education Research,
Southern University of Science and Technology
The Centre for Higher Education Research (hereinafter “the Centre”) of the Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech), China (hereinafter “the University”) was founded in June 2015. As both a teaching and research unit and a supporting entity of International Centre of Higher Education Innovation of UNESCO, the Centre aims at carrying out academic research and practical activities in the field of higher education.
The teaching and research areas of the Centre include: 1) Professional general education; 2) School-based research; 3) ICT theory and application; 4) Curriculum development and planning; 5) Talent development.
Postdoctoral Fellow (2-4 positions)
- Applicants should have a PhD degree awarded in recent five years in institutions ranking no lower than 200 in the USNews, ARWU, THE, and QS lists and subjects ranking no lower than 50;
- Applicants should have published more than one article as the primary author on professional English periodicals in recent three years;
- Strong skills in independent analysis, problem solving, and communication and coordination;
- Good English reading, listening, writing, speaking abilities and computer skills.
2. Remuneration and Benefits
In accordance with "Regulations on SUSTech Postdoctoral Fellows" and relevant regulations of the Shenzhen government, the annual salary will be no less than RMB 220,000 (including RMB 120,000 (after tax) municipal subsidies each year) and full-time faculty and staff benefits will be provided. Outstanding applicants can apply for the Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship with an annual salary of RMB 300,000. Qualified Appointees can also apply for the Shenzhen government's high-level personnel program, Peacock Program, etc.
Appointees should accomplish the following tasks.
- To publish no less than one academic article on overseas SSCI periodicals or no less than two academic articles on the university designated B-class-above or C-Class periodicals. Overfulfillment will be rewarded in accordance with the provisions of the University (the primary or corresponding author’s institution should be the Southern University of Science and Technology);
- To complete research projects at the Centre for Higher Education Research diligently and strive to promote the academic reputation and social influence of the pedagogical discipline at the Southern University of Science and Technology.
4. Application Procedure and Documents
Please send curriculum vitae together with supporting documents to the recruitment email address of the Centre for Higher Education Research. Please mark the email subject line in the form of "name + position applied". Application documents should include full curriculum vitae (including educational experience, research or work experience, research interests, research projects, research outputs), list of academic articles, PDFs of the articles, scanned copies of qualifications, and contact information of three referees. After selection process, only shortlisted candidates will be duly interviewed. Application materials will not be returned to the applicants. All information received will be treated in strict confidence.
Contact person: Ms. Han