Manager, Strategic Planning Office
Reporting to the Executive Director of Planning and Institutional Effectiveness, the Manager of Strategic Planning Unit will advise and lead on the implementation of effective Strategic planning and enable the University to meet and sustain its vision and strategic objectives. The incumbent will ensure that the university strategic plan, key performance indicators, and operational performance indicators are customer-focused, relevant, professionally delivered, and continually supporting the University’s mission. The Manager will also ensure that the University’s strategic plan and key performance indicators are aligned with the external and internal requirements.
- Works closely with the university officers to develop the University’s Strategic Plan, Operational Plans and key performance indicators across the university.
- Ensures that the Strategic Plan and Operational Plans are consistent with the Vision and Mission of the University.
- Ensures that the key performance indicators are appropriate to the Strategic Plan and Operational Plans and within the control of the University.
- Works closely with the Chief Administrative and Financial Officer to ensure that the annual budget process is consistent with the current Strategic Plan.
- Ensures that the university Strategic Plan is consistent with the Prime Minister’s Office planning cycle and processes.
- Monitors and oversees the reporting of key performance indicators both internally and externally to relevant groups, individuals and bodies.
- Ensures that the university has adequate strategies and plan for risk management.
- Assess new opportunities; assess potential impact and formulate strategic recommendations in response to changes in the local, regional and global higher education environment; participate in various ad-hoc projects as directed;
- Must possess a master’s degree in Management, Higher Education Management, Business Administration, or related field from an accredited institution with a minimum of 10 year experience in planning or management or an equivalent combination of education, skill or experience.
- Certification and/or experience in project management is a plus.
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries free of tax in the U.A.E., Cash housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.