Digital Publishing Developer
Job Profile Digital Product - Digital Product
Contract Type Fixed Term
This role is to support the development of Quark templates and features, and sits within Digital Products team, but works very closely with Learning Media. Learning Media specialises in the publication and management of the Group’s content. Learning Media’s main objective is to provide customers, both internal and external, with high quality learning materials to successfully guide them through their chosen qualification. Having recently moved to a new structured authoring and content management system, Quark, this role will allow us to bring development in-house. The post will gain valuable experience in coding and content management and become a valuable member of team.
- Prioritise development requirements from across the BPP Group
- Work within an agile development environment
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with colleagues and stakeholders
- Co-ordinate with internal departments to oversee SWF conversion process
- Support the development of automated templates within Quark
- Write and edit various coding languages such as XML, HTML and VBA
- Use rapid development tools to create bespoke content
- Some instructional design work
- Produce SWF files from finalised study materials
Learning Media - Learning Media Operations
UK, North West, Manchester St James's
Flexibility in your approach to a rapidly changing environment is essential. Prior experience in manipulating images, eLearning standards (e.g. SCORM, Tin can API), agile methodologies and technologies (e.g. Scrum, Jira), code repositories (e.g. SVN), and database technologies (MySQL, Graph) is required.
This is a great opportunity to work with all areas of the BPP Group. The Group strategy is to get all the Business authoring and storing their content in Quark, therefore this role will allow exposure to key stakeholders as well as gathering an in depth understanding of how the Group creates content.
Contract Hours 37.50
Full Job Description