Lecturer, Criminology, Teaching Focused
- Part time (0.5 FTE) 2.5-year fixed term contract
- Based at La Trobe University Bendigo campus
- $95,432-$112,697 pro rata plus up to 17% superannuation
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
About the role
Located at La Trobe Law School at the Bendigo campus, this position will be responsible for coordinating and teaching quality education in a core unit across the Criminology/and or Law program, whilst supporting students as they learn. You will also be required to support the administrative functions of the discipline as well as undertake scholarly work relevant to the development of learning and teaching in their discipline or professional field.
You will deliver high quality learning experiences in criminology and/or Law and play an important role in developing teaching and scholarly engagement with flexible delivery and on-line learning approaches. Furthermore, you will coordinate and/or lead the activities of other staff, as appropriate to learning and teaching in the discipline.
Skills & Experience
- A PhD or willingness to enrol into a PHD as appropriate to the relevant discipline area
- Demonstrated competence in teaching and curriculum development and incorporating online and blended approaches.
- Evidence of innovative initiatives undertaken in the last three years that have improved the student experience
- High level communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively, collaboratively and productivity with staff and students from a diverse range of backgrounds
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: Monday 25th May 2020 by 11:55 pm AEST
Position Enquiries: Associate Professor Francine Rochford, TEL: 61 3 5444 7967 Email: email@example.com
Recruitment Enquiries: Alyssa Brabender, TEL: 03 9479 1102 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Sarah Smarrini, TEL 03 9479 6418 Email: email@example.com
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and respectful working environment for all staff. We offer flexible work arrangements that can assist you in balancing your work and other responsibilities.
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for position no. 559559 under current vacancies.