Assistant / Associate / Professor for Institute of Humanities
Supported by the Shanghai Municipal Government and China Academy of Sciences, ShanghaiTech is a young, resource-rich research university with a modern campus in the heart of Shanghai Pudong’s Zhangjiang Hi-Tech Park. The Institute of Humanities was founded in June 2019, based on the idea that a first-tier university must be supported by first-tier research and education in the humanities. Directly affiliated to ShanghaiTech University, Institute of Humanities is a substantive, comprehensive teaching and research institution for humanities. Institute of Humanities aims to develop general education and humanities education at ShanghaiTech, support ShanghaiTech’s ambition to grow into a first-tier university, and promote ShanghaiTech’s reputation of academic excellence at both the national and the international level.
In order to achieve these goals, Institute of Humanities is inviting applications for tenure-track and teaching positions including professors, associate professors and assistant professors from renowned universities and research institutions at home and abroad.
Teaching & Research Areas:
- Philosophy: Chinese Philosophy, Western Philosophy, Logic, Science Philosophy, Aesthetics
- Chinese language and literature: Ancient literature, modern literature, literary theory, comparative literature and world literature, Chinese writing
- History: Chinese history, World history, Historical theory, Art history
- Foreign Language and Literature: English teaching, French & French literature, German & German literature, British and American literature, Japanese & Japanese literature
- Religious Theory, Cultural Anthropology, Political Theory, the Science of Law, Social Theory
1. Requirements for Professors, Associate Professors
- Excellent academic background, PhD degree
- Capable of continuously publishing high-impact research articles on important or top journals, outstanding achievements in his/her area of research.
- High academic reputation in relevant area.
- Available for full-time work.
- Teach three or more different courses.
2. Requirements for Assistant Professors
- PhD degree form first-tier universities or first-tier disciplines.
- Proven track record of excellent research capacity and potential.
- Research achievements recognized by experts in relevant field, capable of opening at least three different undergraduate courses.
- Available for full-time work.
According to the regulations and evaluation system of Shanghai University of science and technology, we provide highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package. Negotiable for outstanding candidates.
- Your personal resume with information about applicant’s education background and work experience, publications, research programs or academic awards.
- Cover letter with brief introduction of your research and teaching experience as well as your future plan.
- Provide a list of your three referees and we may contact them directly for sending the reference letters if necessary. Please also indicate your relations with the referees.
- 3-5 representative papers or monograph (full text in electronic version)
Please submit the above application documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our Search Committee will review all the applications and further contact you if you are selected as a qualified candidate.
Apply for Assistant / Associate / Professor for Institute of Humanities
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly