Teaching Professor of SEM Innovation Courses
Teaching Professor of SEM Innovation Courses (full-time)
The Teaching Professor of Innovation Courses will be a core member of a teaching group for innovation courses, including Design Thinking, Innovation Lab and Business Plan. The Design Thinking course aims to develop students’ critical thinking ability, problem-solving skills, and innovative design mindset. The Innovation Lab applies theoretical knowledge and research skills in group projects on customer research in real-life settings. Business Plan places emphasis on building a viable financial model, business model and how to make key assumptions leading up to a collaborative business plan competition with other established universities worldwide.
Apart from curriculum design, classroom teaching and test-based assessment, the Professor will
- Lead discussion sessions in a thought-provoking way;
- Design project goals and evaluation criteria;
- Provide mentorship and oversight to students by advising them on group projects and monitoring their work progress;
- Develop and maintain an effective network of industrial expertise and links that can provide course-related workshops, talks, company visits and practicums; and
- Develop and update course materials and lecture plans with SEM teaching team or other faculty from collaborative partners.
The Teaching Professor is also expected to play an active role in supporting innovation activities in the School by
- Participating (and teaching) in larger sections of other innovation curriculum;
- Helping design and implement programs to support and promote creativity and innovation in the school community;
- Supporting extracurricular initiatives to nurture student creativity, innovation, and entrepreneurship; and
- Fulfilling any other requirements as requested by the Dean.
- A Ph.D. Degree (in any field) from a reputed institution
- Bilingual (Chinese/English) competence in communication
- Three to five years of teaching experience (with success in college-level teaching and/or executive education)
- Skills of coaching groups of students and mentoring on an individual basis
- At least five years industry working experience( with success in projects, organization decision and other achievements in corporate or institution)
- Education background of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics), education, art, philosophy, psychology, law or business
- Varied professional experience, both in classroom settings and outside of schools, especially in business consulting or entrepreneurship
- Experience of hosting or participating in innovation or business competition will be a plus
- Familiarity with Design Thinking / Product Design/ Business Plan/ Innovation Principles/Finance for New Ventures and application through work experience or education
- Demonstrated ability of professional/industrial networking
We provide very competitive salary and benefits for this position.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply online through our recruitment system. Or you could submit (in English) a cover letter, a CV, a statement of teaching philosophy, evidence of teaching effectiveness, and at least two reference letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for Teaching Professor of SEM Innovation Courses
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly