The Lab Assistant will be responsible for supporting the research activities of a laboratory applying cryo electron microscopy (cryo-EM) to study the structural biology of host-pathogen interactions.
- Assist in digital reconstructions of 3D imaging datasets.
- Manually annotate 3D imaging datasets.
- Produce educational videos.
- Additional research support and clerical projects as needed.
- Two years of high school with courses in the biological and physical science or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently.
- Familiarity with common software such as Microsoft Office and Adobe packages.
- Prior laboratory work experience.
- Experience with the image processing software programs described above.