The Afro-American University of Central Africa is a public Equatorial Guinean higher education institution recently established at the heart of Africa (Oyala) that provides access to higher education students of diverse backgrounds and educational needs. AAUCA´s vision is to become a world-class university driven by research and innovation that fosters the intellectual development and success of its student population through a rigorous, positive, highly-internationalized and transformative educational experience. AAUCA has commenced a comprehensive global search for the appointment of its first Rector. This make it a unique opportunity to play a formative and leading role in developing AAUCA´s educational character and development course from its inception.
The successful candidate will have a track record of experience evidencing senior academic leadership and management across different countries. S/he will be an outstanding individual and an authentic and credible representative of the University at a national and worldwide level, with an evident passion for higher education and the ability to operate effectively as a top leader within a young university looking to develop their tasks of teaching, research, creation and transmission of knowledge under a highly technological environment that needs to be strengthened and consolidated. S/he will be able to make this University a catalyst of quality assurance in all higher education tiers at national and regional level. S/he will be able to build and/or join high-level academic networks and use them for the University’s benefit, securing additional resources for the University’s future development.
- PhD or professional doctorate;
- Prior experience as rector of at least one university, preferably, or a track record of providing strategic direction and maximizing performance in a large, complex organization, preferably of academic nature;
- Experience of forging and negotiating strategic partnerships, alliances and relationships; •Sophisticated understanding of current and emerging global and national trends in the field of higher education;
- Strong academic credibility and a respected scholar with evidence of eminent scholarship; •Excellent networking skills and contacts particularly with leaders in higher education in national and international contexts and with potential academic, research and commercial partners;
- Be fully bilingual in English and Spanish. Good knowledge of French is desirable;
Interested applicants are requested to email their curriculum vitae and personal statement to email@example.com by indicating the vacancy title “Rector AAUCA” on the email’s subject:
- The curriculum vitae submitted shall affix a recent photo (45mm x 35mm with no less than 150 pixels of quality);
- Only complete applications (curriculum vitae + personal statement + photo) will be considered;
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview;
- Applications will close at 23:00 GMT on May 30, 2020.