Cardiac Ultrasound Academic
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
School of Clinical Sciences
Cardiac Ultrasound Sessional Academics
About the School of Clinical Sciences
The School of Clinical Sciences includes the disciplines of pharmacy, podiatry, paramedicine and medical radiation sciences. The School is one of seven schools in the Faculty of Health and offers bachelor degrees in pharmacy, podiatry, paramedicine, medical imaging, radiation therapy, and postgraduate courses in ultrasound and podiatry, as well as research Masters and PhDs.
The Medical Radiation Sciences Discipline within the School of Clinical Sciences is looking to establish a pool of sessional academics to aid in the teaching of Cardiac Ultrasound units including support for learning in the on-campus laboratories. Applicants are required to hold ASAR registration without conditions (Accredited Medical Sonographer – Cardiac - Category 1A). Successful applicants will have the following:
- No less than 2 years’ experience post degree qualification. (Previous experience in the tertiary sector will also be considered).
- Evidence of attending and / or organising professional development activities in the field of Cardiac Ultrasound
- Experience of teaching, mentoring and / or assessing skills
- Demonstrate a commitment to undertake (within 12 months), or have completed, one of the following:
- ‘Foundations of Learning and Teaching, Effective Communication and Academic Success’ workshops
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Post graduate studies in education and training
- Demonstrate a willingness to undertake an induction to QUT and complete mandatory on-line training as required for all staff at QUT
- Can provide evidence of the acceptance of an abstract to a peer-reviewed conference (abstract – published), which has resulted in an oral presentation or a poster presentation
- Can provide evidence of a peer-journal publication or professional magazine publication or a substantial contribution towards the development of a manuscript
How to Apply
Expressions of Interest should provide evidence of how you meet the essential and desirable criteria, with a Curriculum Vitae of no more than 3 pages (including references).
Expressions of interest can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful applicants will be contacted by unit coordinators and provided with semester based sessional teaching contracts. The expectation of the role is that appointees will also aid in marking academic assessments as well as clinical teaching. If the appointee is teaching across more than one unit, a separate appointment will be provided. Sessional contracts should only be accepted if the appointee is confident that they have the capacity to complete all appointed hours. The School reserves the right to alter a sessional contract (following discussion with the appointee) due to enrolment demands or when concerns are identified around the appointee’s commitment to the role.