Postdoctoral Fellow, Artificial Intelligence
- Two-year fixed-term contract, multiple roles
- Conducting high-quality research in the area of artificial intelligence including modeling and symbolic regression
The School of Engineering and Computer Science at Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand's top-ranked research University is seeking to expand its engineering programme. We are a School that prides itself on its collegiality and multidisciplinary collaborations with many of New Zealand's top-ranked research clusters. This is an opportunity for you to develop your career at a quality institution in one of the most liveable cities in the World.
We are looking to recruit six positions, all of which are Postdoctoral Fellows for a two-year fixed-term position to work as a member of the Artificial Intelligence and Evolutionary Computation Research Group within the School of Engineering and Computer Science.
The Postdoctoral Fellow will conduct high-quality research in the area of artificial intelligence, particularly modeling and symbolic regression, evolutionary feature selection, and dimensionality reduction, evolutionary deep learning and transfer learning, evolutionary scheduling, and combinatorial optimisation and evolutionary clustering and unsupervised learning. The Postdoctoral Fellow will be required to work with other members of the Evolutionary Computation Research Group within the School in a proactive, cooperative and collegial manner. The Postdoctoral Fellow will also be required to contribute to the teaching in Artificial Intelligence including postgraduate supervision.
- A PhD in Evolutionary Computation particularly in AI and machine learning particularly evolutionary transfer learning and feature manipulation, multi-objective optimisation, and/or evolutionary clustering and unsupervised learning
- Proven research and publication track record within Evolutionary Computation, particularly in either evolutionary feature selection, transfer learning and multi-objective optimisation, or in feature manipulation and evolutionary clustering and unsupervised learning
- Proven ability to teach in one or more areas of computer science including Artificial Intelligence, Programming and Algorithm Design, and Analysis
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills especially across cultures
Applications close 31st July 2020 but as six positions are available, shortlisting and interview may commence before this date.
If you have any further questions, please contact Professor Mengjie Zhang on +64 4 463 5654 or email Mengjie.Zhang@vuw.ac.nz - please do not send applications to Prof. Zhang. Applications should follow the steps below.
Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington is New Zealand’s globally ranked capital city university, focused on engaging with Wellington, New Zealand, and the Asia-Pacific region and connecting with the world. The University values the expertise of its professional staff in supporting and enabling teaching, research and engagement activities.
Victoria University of Wellington is committed to the Treaty of Waitangi. “Mai i te iho ki te pae” is the Māori Strategic Outcomes Framework which is linked to the University’s Strategic Plan. Mā te rautaki tātou e koke whakamua (via the strategy we strive to move forward together).
Victoria University of Wellington is an EEO employer and actively seeks to meet its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi.
Important - Application Steps.
Download and complete the University Application Form.
Click Apply Now Button at the base of Advert, follow the process to enter your contact details and add your CV in the online form.
Email completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org along with any further supporting documents stating the reference number and position title from the advert in the subject line.