Professor Position in Computer Graphics and Computer Games Development
The Dean of the Faculty of Informatics, Masaryk University, invites applications for a position of Professor at the Department of Visual Computing in the area of computer graphics and computer games development. The candidates are expected to have an excellent research background in one of the areas of computer graphics, visualization, virtual reality, augmented reality, or computer games development, with sincere interest in the remaining ones as well.
The position is focused on both research and teaching. The candidates are expected to carry out research of excellent quality and take responsibility for selected courses included in the specializations Computer Graphics and Visualization and Computer Game Development within the Visual Informatics study program: https://www.fi.muni.cz/catalogue2019/?program=nmgr_viz_en&lang=en.
In particular, the candidates should be able to prepare and deliver lectures and tutorials at the bachelor as well as master level in the following areas:
- Computer graphics
- Computer games development
- Virtual and augmented reality
- Programming of computer graphics applications
The candidates should show a large amount of flexibility in teaching subjects that are not directly related to their particular areas of research. They are expected to help with supervising undergraduate as well as graduate students and attract research projects to fund their research activities.
- PhD in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Passion for problem solving and desire for working with students
- Excellent track record in both education and research in the areas listed above
- Dynamic, flexible personality, able to manage teams
- Fluency in English (both spoken and written); other language(s) welcome
- Experience from other countries than Czech and Slovak republics (at least half a year)
- Experience with research projects
Desired skills and achievements
- PhD work related to computer graphics, visualization, virtual reality, augmented reality, or computer games development
- The starting monthly salary is 140,000 CZK for the Professor position. The progress in this tenure-track position can in no more than 3 years be modified based on the level of involvement in research and educational projects.
Applicants should submit
- CV, including a summary of work experience, publication activity, teaching, involvement in research grants, etc;
- degree documents;
- cover letter explaining candidate's motivation and interest in obtaining the position;
- title and abstract of a lecture that can be presented as a part of the application process;
- the names and contact details of three professional and language referees.
Applications should be submitted through the university job application system at https://www.muni.cz/en/about-us/careers/vacancies/54632.
Any queries related to the submission shall be sent to: email@example.com.
Queries related to the position as such can be addressed to Assoc. Prof. Petr Matula, firstname.lastname@example.org.