Associate Director of Inbound Sales, Open Enrollment, Wharton Executive Education
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Job Profile Title
Associate Director B
Job Description Summary
Reporting to the Director of Inbound Sales, Open Enrollment (OE), within the Client Relations team, the Associate Director is responsible for the inbound sales of 50+ open enrollment program portfolio. The Associate Director will consult with prospects that have come in through the funnel (individual executives and company representatives) and effectively conduct a needs assessment to align business goals with program opportunities within our OE portfolio. The ultimate goal is to convert sales across our OE offerings and offer consultative guidance to prospects. The Associate Director must become well versed in WEE’s value proposition, OE portfolio, and full participant experience as this individual is responsible for front line communication with prospective candidates.
Candidate must be able to also perform additional administrative work to support Client Relations Team, which could include, but not limited to, data entry, reporting, and market research. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Should be able to provide overall strategic recommendations and work toward continuous opportunities to increase sales and enhance client service and experience.
Salesforce proficiency is strongly desired, as well as extensive knowledge of the Executive Education industry and global business challenges facing today’s corporations.
- Manage all processes for incoming inquiries, leads, applications and registrations for all Open Enrollment programs with a focus to drive opportunity conversion to enrollments. Thorough and focused lead follow up in a consultative manner that helps to determine a prospect’s need and aligns appropriate program to specific goals and objectives.
- Manage lead qualification, nurturing and consistent, proactive follow-up. Cultivate relationships with leads and establish continuous contact points with executives and companies to accomplish ultimate goal of attendance or repeat business.
- Actively up-sell, cross-sell and group-sell programs to prospects while offering best possible solution to their executive needs.
- Actively use Salesforce as platform for all information and data associated to sales opportunities, contacts and knowledge-sharing throughout the organization and broader University.
- Provide reporting based on existing data and ability to share regularly across teams.
- Bachelor’s degree required and 2 to 3 years’ experience in sales roles within a service organization, ideally in executive education, or equivalent combination of education and experience. At least 3 years of relevant sales experience strongly preferred, including a practical understanding of program design for middle and senior level executives preferably in the executive education, corporate or consulting sectors.
- Independent, self-confident and highly credible in representing WEE. Ability to communicate ideas to senior and executive audiences, both in public forums and in written communication. Proven ability to work within a team environment and on project teams. A strong desire to contribute and work collaboratively to achieve goals.
- A successful candidate will have strong skills and business acumen in business development, consultative selling, persuasion, negotiating skills, and a knowledge of management education topics: strategy, leadership, finance, accounting, operations, marketing, organizational behavior and business ethics.
- A detail-oriented, analytical leader who thinks holistically about the business development, marketing and sales cycles.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, high volume, results-oriented environment. Action-oriented, results-driven approach to a professional team. ROI-driven problem solver. Goal oriented. Thinks strategically and creatively across multiple platforms. A proven track record in achieving aggressive sales goals in the higher education market highly desirable.
- Ability to effectively balance and prioritize competing demands
- Ability to foresee, and understand business trends and the concerns of executives. Be innovative in approaches to educational and management problems.
- Experience utilizing business development, sales or other CRM systems, and the ability to develop and drive metrics and dashboards.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Willingness to respond and follow up rapidly to client requests and work across time zones (to include early mornings/late evenings/weekends as needed).
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
$42,953.00 - $77,315.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.