Associate Director of Finance NBC
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Job Profile Title
Associate Director C
Job Description Summary
Performs general ledger review, financial reporting and account analysis; Supervises and manages the performance of the Business Office and Client Services area as it relates to the Finance. Reviews the Hospital’s expense activities and provides direct supervision to the Purchasing staff.
- Perform general ledger review, financial reporting, and account analysis.
- Supervise monthly accounting activities such as reconciliations and journal entry preparation.
- Enforce financial internal controls. Work closely with Director of Finance on forecast and annual budget preparation.
- Support Hospital managers on all financial aspects of programs and centers; supervise purchasing activities.
- Supervise and prepare month-end financial close documentation, including journal entries and trial balances.
- Supervise the Business Office and Client Services area as it relates to Finance. Assists customers with billing inquiries; accepts payments; resolves billing complaints. Supervise preparation and review of client billings.
- Supervise the Collection of delinquent accounts including final demand letters; communicating with Collections Attorney; and providing support documentation for litigation. Related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration and 3 to 5 years experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Business Objects, and Oracle preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) is necessary.
- Familiarity with University accounting systems a plus.
- Prior supervisory experience of accounting functions desired.
- Strong attention to detail, as well as, excellent organizational, and customer service skills.
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment is a must.
Position located in Kennett Square - No public transportation available..
Working Conditions: Office, library, computer room
Physical Effort : Typically sitting at a desk or table
Job Location - City, State
Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
Department / School
School of Veterinary Medicine
$50,684.00 - $91,232.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.