Lector in Programming and in Foundations of Computer Science
Department: Faculty of Informatics
Deadline: 31 May 2020
Start date: September 1, 2020
The Dean of the Faculty of Informatics of Masaryk University invites applications for a position of "Lector in Programming and in Foundations of Computer Science".
Job Description Keypoints
- Tutoring of programming and programming skills in various programming languages and paradigms at Bachelor and Master degree levels
- Tutoring introductory courses on theoretical foundations of Computer Science at Bachelor level
- Preparing, running and coordinating hands-on seminars as part of the teaching duties
- Supervision of Bachelor and Master theses
- Development and support of a homework assignment submission and auto-grading system
- Taking part in preparation, realization, and evaluation of exams
- Continuous improvement of personal teaching skill
The successful candidate must have
- a Master Degree in Computer Science, Informatics, or related discipline;
- a passion for problem-solving and a desire for continuous improvement in teaching skills;
- a programming experience, preferably in several programming languages and paradigms;
- existing experience with the teaching of programming skills or programming languages;
- an ability to work well as a team member or leader;
- fluent Czech or Slovak language skills.
- The monthly salary is 49 000 CZK
Applicants should submit
- degree documents;
- summary of work experience, publication and teaching activities and involvement in research grants;
- cover letter explaining your interest in the position;
- title and abstract of a lecture that can be presented as a part of the application process;
- names and contacts of three professional and language referees.
Applications should be submitted through the university job application system at https://www.muni.cz/en/about-us/careers/vacancies/54313.