Hamad Bin Khalifa University (HBKU), a member of Qatar Foundation for Education, Science, and Community Development (QF), was founded in 2010 to continue fulfilling QF’s vision of unlocking human potential. HBKU is a homegrown research and graduate studies University that acts as a catalyst for positive transformation in Qatar and the region while having a global impact.
To manage the development, implementation and evaluation of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programs in advancing community outreach and education, specific to the College of Health and Life Sciences (CHLS).
CPD programs are generally, but not restricted to, in line with Qatar Council of Healthcare Practitioners (QCHP) standards.
Key Result Areas:
- Lead CHLS processes for CPD and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements including, but not limited to the QCHP accreditation department.
- Follow-up with QCHP for approval of proposed CHLS specific CPD activities.
- Manage the development of CHLS’ CPD infrastructure, processes, and activities targeting the entire healthcare provider community.
- Facilitate and support the CPD Scientific Planning Committee.
- Develop, plan, and conduct overall CPD programs in conjunction with the CPD Scientific Planning Committee.
- Prepare and compile documents required for QCHP approval of CHLS continuing education activities.
- Assure timely submission of evaluation reports and all requests from the CPD compliance agencies.
- Coordinate CPD program registrations including data entry of records, promotional activities and responding to queries.
- Drive continuous quality improvement in the CPD infrastructure including the redesigning of forms, templates, resources, website and all other pertinent materials to simplify, clarify, and improve CHLS’ CPD programs.
- Ensure alignment, effective coordination, and communication among key stakeholders.
- Provide accurate, data driven and considered advice and recommendations to the Supervisor/Scientific Planning Committee and other key stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Other reasonable tasks as assigned by supervisor(s).
Operating Environment, Framework & Boundaries:
Work is performed in a standard office environment. Must comply with QF health, safety, and environment policy as well as legal regulations applicable to areas of responsibility.
Communications and Working Relationships:
- CHLS’ Dean’s office - regular contact to provide updates and receive guidance, feedback, and approvals
- CHLS Scientific Planning Committee for implementation of CPD activities – report and support actions related to CPD planning including developing programs, identifying and resolving potential conflicts of interest, and evaluating activities to foster changes in learner’s competence or performance and/or patient outcomes
- HBKU or QF Directorates - for support with resources
- External partners – communicate and facilitate with course directors, speakers, moderators, facilitators, etc.
- Participants of CPD programs - communicate and facilitate registration, attendance, evaluation, and certificate delivery
- National and Governmental agencies – Ministry of Public Health, Ministry of Education and Higher Education, Hamad Medical Corporation, Health Care Providers, etc.
Problem Solving & Complexity:
- Evaluates different options when solving problems
- Refrains from jumping to conclusions in the absence of clear evidence, and takes time to collect facts before developing a solution
- Considers the medium term as well as immediate short-term impact of outcomes and actions
- Demonstrates an awareness of the impact of preferred solution on other projects/ related problems
Decision Making Authority & Responsibility:
- Accepts responsibility/accountability for own decisions and explains the rationale
- Reviews available information in conjunction with interested parties and arrives at decisions by consensus judging degree of consultation needed to ensure commitment
- Remains calm and resourceful when making difficult decisions, basing them on facts
- Ensures decisions are taken by self and group after reviewing available information whilst exhibiting reasonable foresight.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Master’s degree in related field
- 6-8 years of relevant full-time work experience
- Exceptional administrative and organizational skills, with strong time management skills
- Strong client service skills (written and verbal) with a member focused attitude
- A demonstrated personal commitment to ongoing learning
- Ability to build strong, respectful and productive relationships with all stakeholders
- Capacity to be self-directed and autonomous, and work with others
- Experience with a CPD program or professional membership association is desirable
- Excellent English writing skills with the ability to draft and edit a variety of written reports and communications and to articulate ideas clearly and concisely
- Proficiency in Arabic is an advantage
- Proficiency in MS Office application
How to Apply:
Please submit your completed application (CV, cover letter and the names of three references with their full contact information) via the following link: Click here to apply
Review of applications is expected to begin soon and continue until the position is filled. Shortlist will be called for interviews.
HBKU offers an attractive compensation package that includes a tax-free salary and additional benefits such as an education allowance, furnished accommodation, annual paid leave, air tickets and medical insurance.
HBKU, as an equal opportunity educator and employer, is committed to maintaining culturally and academically diverse staff of the highest caliber.