Postdoctoral Fellow - Southeast Asian Family Dynamic Study
Job Opportunity at National University of Singapore for Research Project on Southeast Asian Family Dynamic Study
We are seeking an enthusiastic and capable full-time Postdoctoral Fellow for the above project at the Centre for Family and Population Research, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, National University of Singapore. The candidate should have expertise in the family and population issues in East Asia or Southeast Asia regions. The appointment will be tenable for a period of 1 year at the first instance, with the possibility of renewal. The Centre for Family and Population Research in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASS), NUS is dedicated to scientific advancement of research and training in the study of trends, determinants, and consequences of family and population changes, particularly changes in Asia.
This project is led by Professor Wei-Jun Jean Yeung to investigate the trends and patterns of family change in East Asia or Southeast Asia. Candidate will collaborate with the PI to publish relevant research in
The candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- A PhD degree in Social Sciences discipline from a recognized university;
- Research expertise in topics related to trends and changes in family, population and labour markets in East Asia or Southeast Asia;
- Advanced quantitative research skills;
- Publication record in areas related to the above specified research areas;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills;
- Strong organizational skill and interpersonal skill;
- Other ad-hoc duties as assigned
Invitation to apply
Interested applicants are invited to send the following list of documents to the Centre for Family and Population Research via email: email@example.com to Ms Sascha Ng, with the subject title: Applying for Postdoctoral position for the project on “Southeast Asian Family Dynamic Study”.
- Cover letter and Resume (outlining interest, qualifications, expected salary and publications if any)
- Research statement (max of 3 pages)
- Personal particulars form
- NUS Personal Data Consent for Job Applicants
- Copies of degree scrolls and transcript of grades
- 4 official letters of recommendation, including one letter from main PhD supervisor
We regret that only successful candidates will be notified via email. For more information, please visit the website of Centre for Family and Population Research.
Apply for Postdoctoral Fellow - Southeast Asian Family Dynamic Study
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly