Senior Research Scientist, Living Analytics Research Centre
Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The 'family-like' atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organise and play together – building a strong collegiality and morale within the university.
Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities – all to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.
The Research Scientist will work with faculty researchers on one or more of the following research topics in the urban/social computing, smart cities and consumer business domains.
- Data and Text Mining
- Machine Learning
- Deep Learning
- Recommender Systems
- Social-Urban Sensing
- Big Data Infrastructure
The candidate is required to design research methodologies and develop algorithms and models. He/she will also be required to design and conduct experiments, as well as implement applications, tools and systems. The candidate will also assist to develop analytics capabilities in big data infrastructure and conduct data science studies.
- Phd in Computer Science or related disciplines
- Good knowledge in relevant research topics and possess related research skills
- Proficient in at least one or more of these programming languages: Java, Python, C#, C++ and C
- Strong interest in the AI, Deep Learning and Machine Learning field is an added advantage
- Self-motivated and able to carry out tasks independently
- Excellent team player and possess strong inter-personal skills
- Analytical and meticulous with attention to details