Campus Custodial Assistant
Under the supervision of the Custodial Supervisor, performs a variety of cleaning techniques in a research environment in order to maintain campus buildings and student housing areas clean, orderly and safe. Performs work in accordance with Institute safety standards and regulatory agencies (e.g. OSHA).
In coordination and cooperation with other trades, performs various cleaning support duties that include but are not limited to the following:
- Sweep and mop floors and stairwells, vacuum carpeting and upholstered furniture, and spot clean carpets and upholstered furniture as necessary
- Clean and disinfect restrooms, showers, kitchens, drinking fountains, telephones, and replenish supplies
- Dust, wash or polish furniture and horizontal surfaces
- Clean walls, blackboards and elevators
- May operate backwash filters for fountains
- Empty waste baskets and move trash containers by hand or cart to disposal areas, including recycling containers
- Collect recyclables from assignment areas and move to central collection points
- Police and clean debris around immediate entrances of buildings
- Work at heights while replacing burnt out lights, washing exterior windows, and lift up to 50 lbs. on a daily basis
- Responsible for custody of assigned keys, locks and unlocks doors, and turns off lights in unoccupied areas
- Must be able to work assigned work hours Monday – Friday 5:00am to 1:30pm.
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends when requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working in all phases of the custodial field (industrial, commercial, and residential)
- Must be able to stoop, bend, pull, push, walk and kneel for most of the workday and lift/carrying lab supplies, equipment and/or objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work overtime when required
- The ability to work at heights of 10 ft.