Senior Specialist, Bioinformatics Programmer
- Lead metagenomic and statistical analyses of data sets derived from Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) data.
- Initiation/implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of analysis software.
- Tracking project data and reporting analysis results.
- Collaboration with the software engineering groups to define software requirements.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
Work Location : Genetics and Genomics Lab.
PhD or MS in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Experience in scientific programming with applications to biological research, professional software development experience.
- Experience with C++ and programming using UNIX/LINUX clusters.
- Experience with NexGen data and metagenomic analyses are strongly preferred.
- Broad knowledge of biology, especially genetics.
- Experience with large genomic data sets (Next-generation sequence, genotyping, or expression data), data mining, and data analysis.
- Proficiency in at least one major scripting language (Perl, Python).
Division College of Medicine&Health Sciences
Department Microbiology - (CMHS)
Job Close Date open until filled
Job Category Staff
Salary 17500 to 27500 AED