Organization Name Technology Management & Innovation
Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to seamlessly integrate research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in science, engineering and medicine, and also to be a catalyst towards Abu Dhabi’s 2030 vision for a knowledge-based economy. Khalifa University has three campuses in the city of Abu Dhabi – the KU Main Campus, Masdar City Campus and the Sas Al Nakhl Campus, the latter two housing the internationally renowned Masdar and Institute and Petroleum Institute, respectively.
The Agreements Officer is responsible for drafting and processing IP related agreements and contracts and ensuring compliance of agreements with university policies and procedures.
- Assist with the creation and review of research agreements for all IP related activities
- Ensure all agreements accurately reflect terms of the relationship and meet the requirements of the researchers, students, University and sponsors involved in the research project.
- Carry out review to ensure each specific research project complies with University policies.
- Coordinate with the principal investigator for completion for forms and necessary paperwork, once the agreement is finalized.
- Ensure to obtain all the requested information and any work plans, budgets and certifications that are required for the project.
- Coordinate the approval process of all agreement documents by obtaining signatures of the department head of the relevant program, dean and for the final approval by an authorized signatory.
- Transfer the agreement to Research Accounting for creation of a new account and any required invoicing, following execution of the agreement
- Send, receive and evaluate all agreement surveys and proposals, and consult with IP Agreement Manager to ensure the development of the right agreement being Non-Disclosure (NDA), material Transfer (MTA), Inter-Institutional (IIA) or any other type of agreement
- Ensure recording and docketing of all agreements in the Sophia database
- Ensure all POAs and Assignments are fit for the purpose of IP management and commercialization and are as per university policies and procedures
- Liaise, inform and monitor legal firms with mode of operation and practice with Technology Management and Innovation (TMI) Office and provide operation guidelines
- Review legal invoices and reimbursements for accuracy and completeness. Perform client and timekeeper inquiries and narrative edits.
- Prepare expense reports in a timely manner.
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
A Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- A minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
- A minimum of 1 year of relevant experience
How To Apply
Applicants should submit an online application at http://www.ku.ac.ae/pages/careers. All applicants should submit an online application via the portal. A complete application includes curriculum vitae, cover letter, photo and the names and contact information of three references.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae).
Apply for Agreements Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly