Costing and Financial Systems Senior Specialist
Organization Name Budgeting and Reporting
Khalifa University is a world-class,research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to seamlessly integrate research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in science, engineering and medicine, and also to be a catalyst towards Abu Dhabi’s 2030 vision for a knowledge-based economy. Khalifa University has three campuses in the city of Abu Dhabi – the KU Main Campus, Masdar City Campus and the Sas Al Nakhl Campus, the latter two housing the internationally renowned Masdar and Institute and Petroleum Institute, respectively.
Costing& Financial Systems Senior Specialist is responsible for guiding cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures,providing trends and forecasts, explaining processes and techniques,recommending actions. Also responsible for developing cost proposals, detailed budgets, budget narratives, and serve as a resource on cost proposals.
- Identify financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Ensure required cost proposals and supporting documents are prepared timely, accurately and are in compliance with solicitation
- Provide cost advice to proposal teams in conjunction with proposal objectives.
- Prepare budgets as well as supporting documentation for cost proposal submissions, including budget narratives,certifications, financial information, etc.
- Present draft proposal budgets for cost proposal reviews.
- Assist in development and enforcement of compliance with the University’s costing processes and procedures
- Analyze plans and evaluate issues concerned with the operational aspects of automated disbursing and financial systems to include management strategies and systems modifications.
- Assess data requirements for the enhancement of automated financial management systems.
- Work with all information sources to improve system performance and reliability through the development of databases and local applications.
- Review operational capabilities and provide comments and recommendations for proposed changes, coordinating with peers to determine the best method for accomplishing the system change.
- Oversee the testing of system changes and monitor the implementation of enhancements or new products.
- System changes result from the incumbent's continuous evaluation of functional systems, regulations, policies, procedures,capabilities, and deficiencies.
- Research,analyze, and resolve daily system problems related to system interface,database management, and processing cycles.
- Advise department managers on major system issues, associated risks, functional impact, and data integrity.
- Establish and implement best practices for use of finance systems
- Undertake the processing tasks under the financial control framework ensuring controls are adhered to, monitored and evidenced
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
A Bachelor’s Degree in related field. Professional accountancy certifications preferred.
- A minimum of3-5 years of relevant experience
- A minimum7-9 years of relevant experience.
How To Apply
Applicants should submit an online application at http://www.ku.ac.ae/pages/careers.
All applicants should submit an online application via the portal. A complete application includes curriculum vitae, cover letter, photo and the names and contact information of three references.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae).
Apply for Costing and Financial Systems Senior Specialist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly