Lecturer in Sport Performance and Coach Development
Application closing date: 05/04/2020
Salary: GBP 40,322 - GBP 49,553 per annum (Grade 6)
Package: + Pension (Employer contribution of 23% - Scottish Teachers Superannuation Scheme)
We are looking for three full time practice based academics (or part time FTEs) with one or more of the following backgrounds: psychology, athlete welfare, coaching, physiology and/or performance/data analysis. All applicants would need applied experience within coach development and/or professional sport environments.
The focus of these roles is supporting the development and delivery of new and existing programmes within the Sport, Exercise and Health Science Department at Edinburgh Napier University. This includes a new undergraduate programme in collaboration with the Scottish FA (BSc Football Coaching, Performance & Development), and new online programme developments supporting young academy footballers.
Our Department has a number of governing body partnerships with ambition to provide world leading work force development. Our facilities are among the best in the UK. There is a high quality research culture focussed on applied research and consultancy to help deliver impact to sport performance, coach development, exercise, health and wellbeing.
You will support the academic development and provision across our sport related undergraduate and postgraduate programmes according to expertise. There is an expectation that successful candidates will do some of their teaching overseas (e.g. Singapore).
The main responsibilities will be to:
- Support our undergraduate and postgraduate programme delivery and development
- Make a significant contribution to research and/or professional practice
- Develop, design and deliver teaching and student centred learning in a range of delivery modes (e.g. face to face, online, blended)
- Support commercial activity including post-graduate, PhD and CPD provision
- Support students in achieving a positive experience on their programme
Who we are looking for
- Significant professional practice experience in a relevant discipline and ability to significantly contribute to research
- Given the applied nature of our courses and NGB collaborations, we would highly value applicants with applied and/or quality assurance experience in professional sport environments and/or coach development settings
- Doctoral level qualification
- Demonstrable evidence of an ability to teach within Higher Education in one or more of the following areas: psychology, athlete welfare, physiology, performance/data analysis, coach development, professional sport environments
To know more about this exciting opportunity please click here to view the role profile.
Benefits we offer
Salary: GBP 40,322 - GBP 49,553 per annum (Grade 6) + Pension (Employer contribution of 23% - Scottish Teachers Superannuation Scheme)
Application closing date: Sunday 5 April 2020 at 11:59 pm
Interview day: Monday 11 May 2020
For an informal discussion about this position, please contact Associate Professor Russell Martindale at email@example.com
Please also note that the successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment, as we are unable to sponsor any candidate for this role.