Adjunct Faculty, Department of English and Writing Studies
The University College comprises four departments that contribute fundamentally to the University’s General Education Program. Concentrating on the first two semesters of a student’s baccalaureate education, the College attends to the intellectual development of students through advising, conducting General Education courses, and by offering additional support outside the classroom.
The four University College academic departments responsible for delivering 27 of the 39-unit Core General Education Program include: the Department of Advising and Academic Development; the Department of English and Writing Studies; the Department of Interdisciplinary Studies; and, the Department of Science, Math, and Technology.
The goal of Zayed University’s General Education Program is to build students' understanding of their relationship to the world and to equip them with skills to be successful at the University, in their professions, and in their personal lives. Students achieve the six Zayed University Learning Outcomes through the General Education Program: Critical Thinking and Quantitative Reasoning, Global Awareness, Information Literacy, English and Arabic Language proficiency, Leadership, and Technological Literacy.
University College is seeking enthusiastic and experienced candidates who will be able to teach college-level composition courses in the English language.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in English, Applied Linguistics, Linguistics, TESOL, TEFL.
- Experience in engaged teaching of introductory level composition courses
- Prior College/University teaching experience preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to utilizing technology in the classroom and working with faculty teams in multi-section courses.
- Fluency in English is compulsory; the language of business and instruction at Zayed University is English.
- Familiarity and prior experience with the US model of general education is desirable.
Applicants must have a valid UAE residence visa and will be required to provide a No Objection Letter from their sponsor.
Candidates need to complete the online application form and submit:
- A cover letter
- A current CV
- Attested degree and transcripts. All terminal degrees will be required to be equalized by the Ministry of Higher Education in the UAE.
- Names and contact details of three professional references
- Statement of your teaching philosophy
- Statement of research interests
- Teaching evaluations
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.
More searches like this
- Languages, Literature & Linguistics Academic Posts jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Languages, Literature & Linguistics Professors / Chairs jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Languages, Literature & Linguistics Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Languages, Literature & Linguistics Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Languages, Literature & Linguistics Tutors jobs in United Arab Emirates