Research Fellow, Institute of Public Policy and Administration
Department: Institute of Public Policy and Administration (IPPA)
Duty station: Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
Deadline: 07 April 2020
Reports to: Associate Director of IPPA
Deadline: April 7th 2020 (open until filled)
Summary of Position and Key Responsibilities
The University of Central Asia seeks to fill in a full-time position at the Institute of Public Policy and Administration. In your role as a Research Fellow, you will be contributing to IPPA’s research projects in economic and social studies.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, implementation and coordination of social and economic research projects
- Conducting quantitative analysis of available macro- and microeconomic data
- Writing research papers
- Contribution to IPPA planning and reporting
- Communication with IPPA research and training partners
- Contribution for attracting funding for research projects.
- Teaching for IPPA training programmes.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- PhD (or PhD student) in Economics;
- MA degree holders from reputable universities are also welcomed to apply
- Minimum five years of experience
- Experience in conducting research in Central Asia
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Russian;
- Knowledge of other Central Asian languages would be an asset.
How to Apply
Please submit the up-to-date resume with a cover letter to AKDN Career Centre by April 7th 2020.
Candidates from the founding countries of UCA (Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan) are encouraged to apply for this position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.