Project Coordinator Donor Relations
The Donor Relations Coordinator will work with the Communications and Donor Relations team within the Office of Development to assist with the production of personalized communications, reports, recognition, and events for a portfolio of the university’s most generous donors.
Donor Relations staff at Stanford work to foster the relationship between the university and its donors through activities that acknowledge, recognize, and report on their gifts to Stanford. The group holds itself to the highest standards of accuracy, execution, and quality for all aspects of its projects.
Stanford is committed to a donor-centric approach to development. Each member of the Communications and Donor Relations team plays a role in ensuring that the experience of Stanford’s donors around their philanthropy is an exceptionally positive and fulfilling one.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop knowledge of the Communications and Donor Relations group, as well as an understanding of how it relates to schools and departments around the university.
- Assist in writing, design, and production of donor acknowledgements and general correspondence.
- Assist in the production of personalized annual reporting to donors.
- Work closely with donor relations staff in the schools and units to coordinate comprehensive donor reports.
- Research, create, and produce donor listings for events and communications as necessary.
- Enter and maintain accurate database information on individual gift accounts to ensure appropriate recognition and stewardship; identify and remedy inaccuracies in gift or pledge records.
- Assist with donor relations events, including invitation lists and RSVPs, preparation of attendee bios, and event collateral.
- Respond to inquiries from fundraisers and donors.
- Work with video production staff to produce videos for donors.
- Other duties may also be assigned
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree and one year of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills.
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to listen and respond with diplomacy and tact.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and database applications.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong customer-service focus; excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Why Stanford is for you:
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide excellent retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, swim in our Olympic-sized pool, or choose from hundreds of health and fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide highly competitive health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commute programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
Job Code: 4320
Employee Status: Regular
Requisition ID: 83798