Job Profile Teaching - Subject Matter Expert
Contract Type Permanent
The Lead Designer’s role is to develop new learning, teaching and assessment content across the Law School’s new programme portfolio. Some lead designers will take a programme perspective on design and others will design across a broad range of related module areas to be used in the Law School’s new programme portfolio. All development will be completed by reference to the Law School’s learning, teaching and assessment strategy, technology enhanced learning strategy and (as appropriate) other related policies and strategies.
The role will involve close liaison with key internal and external stakeholders and managing the work allocated to other members of faculty who are carrying out the development and design of new learning teaching and assessment materials as part of their workload.
Once materials are fully developed and new programmes launched, Lead Designers will then play a key role in matters of ongoing quality assurance and enhancement activities for new programme and module area(s).
BPP University Law School has a reputation for excellence in professional education built on a proven ability to offer students the skills they need to succeed in a legal career. Working with over 150 law firms, BPP prides itself on being at the cutting edge of professional legal education giving students the core skills and a competitive advantage to ensure success.
BPP is designing and will be delivering a range of new programmes to meet the regulatory requirements of the Solicitors Regulatory Authority and the Solicitors Qualifying Examination (SQE) and the Bar Standards Board’s Future Bar Training agenda. The programme suite will cater for a range of routes to qualification, including apprenticeships, and is ambitious in scope, using the latest developments in learning and teaching and educational technology to nurture the next generation of legal professionals.
- Working with the Director of Programme Development and the Law School's Heads of Development to lead on the development of learning, teaching and assessment materials across either:
- one or more of the new law school programmes; or
- across a broad module grouping to be used in a range of Law School programmes
- taking account of developments within the discipline, changes in the market, Professional, Statutory and Regulatory Body (PSRB) requirements and best practice in learning and teaching.
- To be a lead in the creation, implementation and review of all new learning, teaching and assessment materials in compliance with the Law School's learning, teaching and assessment strategy and associated policies and strategies (and to co-ordinate the work of a team of subject matter experts when undertaking this work).
- Working with the Law School's Heads of Development to oversee the quality assurance processes for all new Law School programme materials, to ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements and to ensure they are in line with best practice in higher education and the legal sector.
- Working in close liaison with a variety of internal and external stakeholders including regulators and legal employers
- Other responsibilities within the remit of the role generally to be agreed from time to time with the Director of Programme Development and Law School's Heads of Development
Department Law School - Programme Development
Vacancy location UK, Nationwide, Nationwide
Please refer to the full job description for the role requirements
This role will develop your skills as a designer, manager and leader. Training and development will be offered covering new technologies and project management. This role will give you a pivotal part in the design team that will deliver the law school's new portfolio of programmes. You will have regular appraisals with your line manager at which further development opportunities will be discussed.
The Lead Designer is also able to develop in a variety of ways, including within module and programme design, learning and teaching at BPP or in further management or leadership roles.
Contract Hours 37.50
Full Job Description