Lecturer in Counselling
- Part-time (0.4FTE), ongoing position
- Based on the Sandy Bay campus
- Demonstrated excellence in University teaching and Learning – developing innovative approaches to teaching and learning
Psychology at the University of Tasmania looks to solve some of the most challenging issues the Tasmanian community faces. Whether these are global issues which we investigate in our backyard, providing specialist training to Antarctic expeditioners on the human condition in isolated environments or providing counselling services to members of our community – we are embedded in Tasmania.
We are seeking to appoint a Lecturer in Counselling in the School of Psychological Sciences which is part of the College of Health and Medicine.
As a teaching focused academic (80-20), the Lecturer in Counselling will develop, review and undertake face-to-face, blended and online delivery of units of study in the postgraduate counselling programs. Associated activities will include unit administration and coordination, where appropriate, and participation in other activities, such as student recruitment, admissions and progress reviews. The position is based on the Hobart Campus, with the appointee expected to engage in both online and on-campus delivery of learning and teaching.
- Make an effective and sustained contribution to the University in achieving its strategic objectives and fulfilling its operational responsibilities.
- Undertake scholarly postgraduate (and if relevant undergraduate) coursework teaching of a high quality.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of productive and effective links inside the University and locally and nationally with the discipline, relevant interdisciplinary domains, profession, industry and/or wider community
- Work well within a team environment.
- Undertake other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate;
- Completion of a tertiary qualification in counselling or postgraduate psychology.
- Demonstrated experience in postgraduate University-level teaching and learning in the area of Counselling.
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience with blended and on-line learning and teaching tools.
- A record of contributing to building and maintaining effective and productive links locally and nationally with the discipline, profession, industry (where relevant) and wider community.
- Evidence of highly developed interpersonal skills and a proven capacity to develop strong relationships with University colleagues, to relate to people from a variety of backgrounds and work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment.
Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level B and will have a total remuneration package of up to $133,842 comprising base salary within the range of $98,537 to $114,395 plus 17% superannuation.
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide your resume, cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role, and your responses to the position/selection criteria
- For further information about this position, please contact Professor Lisa Foa, Head, School of Psychological Sciences, Lisa.Foa@utas.edu.au or 6226 2681.
- Please visit http://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying2 for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Sunday, 19 April 2020, 11:55 pm
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.