Research Associate - Faculty of Mechanical Science and Engineering
At TU Dresden, Faculty of Mechanical Science and Engineering, Institute of Aerospace Engineering, the Chair of Space Systems offers, subject to resources being available, a position as
(Subject to personal qualification employees are remunerated according to salary group E 13 TV-L)
starting at 01.10.2020. The position is limited for 36 months (until 30.09.2023). The period of employment is governed by the Fixed Term Research Contracts Act (Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz - WissZeitVG).
The position offers the chance to obtain further academic qualification (e.g. PhD).
- Detailed analysis of different recovery strategies and their influence on structural and propulsion system design based on the system design inputs of ESR3
- Investigation of vertical landing scenarios including flow conditions derived from trajectory analysis conducted by ESR14
- Numerical and experimental examination of retro engine operation
- Identification of favourable engine layouts and system design effects including the particular analysis of advanced nozzle concepts in collaboration with ESR6
- Ability to assess the influence of RLV recovery strategies on system and mission design with particular focus on propellant consumption for different vertical landing concepts
- A numerical and experimental database for retro engines with reverse-flow interactions
- Justified choice of a favourable engine layout in collaboration with ESR4
- university degree (MSc or equivalent) in the field of aerospace engineering, physics, or similar
- Solid knowledge of flow mechanics, chemical space propulsion systems, computational fluid dynamics and rocket nozzles
- Ability to work highly efficient and self-reliantly in a diverse inter-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work in a team, as well as independently
- Ability to solve complex problems with adherence of strict deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) in English to derive the full benefit from the network training
- Proactive attitude
- As secondments and events are foreseen, applicants must be ready to travel
- Applicants must be eligible to enroll on a PhD programme at the host institution (see https://tu-dresden.de/ing/maschinenwesen/postgraduales/promotion?set_language=en)
- Experience in laboratory work including the design, conduction and evaluation of experiments
- Project management
- Knowledge of the host institution language is a plus
H2020 MSCA Mobility Rule: researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the host organisation (Germany) for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment date. Compulsory national service, short stays such as holidays, and time spent as part of a procedure for obtaining refugee status are not taken into account.
Eligible researchers must not have spent more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the date of selection in the same appointing international organisation.
H2020 MSCA eligibility criteria: Early Stage Researchers (ESRs) must, at the date of recruitment by the host organisation, be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and have not been awarded a doctoral degree. Full- Time Equivalent Research Experience is measured from the date when the researcher obtained the degree entitling him/her to embark on a doctorate (either in the country in which the degree was obtained or in the country in which the researcher is recruited, even if a doctorate was never started or envisaged).
We are searching for a top-class and pro-active scientist, who seeks an academia profile.
Applications from women are particularly welcome. The same applies to people with disabilities.
Interested candidates are invited to submit the following documents in this exact order:
- Application form (please find the document here: https://www.verw.tu-dresden.de/StellAus/download.asp?file=Anlagen/Application_form.pdf
- Cover letter
- Educational and professional certificates (university degree(s) with marks, internships, workshops, languages, etc.)
Moreover, you must submit:
- Short video (max. 30 s.). The video must include: personal introduction, background, motivation to apply to the research position… show us why you are the ideal candidate!
Candidates whose application is not compliant with the requirements above will not be considered.
Please submit your comprehensive application with the reference “Application for ESR1 position” by 20.04.2020 (stamped arrival date of the university central mail service applies) preferably via the TU Dresden SecureMail Portal https://securemail.tu-dresden.de as one single PDF file (excl. the video) by sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: TU Dresden, Fakultät Maschinenwesen, Institut für Luft- und Raumfahrttechnik, Professur für Raumfahrtsysteme, Herrn Prof. Dr. Martin Tajmar, Helmholtzstr. 10, 01069 Dresden. Please submit all documents as one single PDF file. The email size incl. attachments must not exceed 30 MB in total. Please avoid any questions on the status of the selection process. We will inform you as soon as there is an update. Please submit copies only, as your application will not be returned to you. Expenses incurred in attending interviews cannot be reimbursed.
Reference to data protection: Your data protection rights, the purpose for which your data will be processed, as well as further information about data protection is available to you on the website: https: //tu-dresden.de/karriere/datenschutzhinweis